Real-Time Sports Scores w/ TeamTracker and TeamTracker-Card (Beta)

Yeah I can’t get the specific team I need. I can’t even figure out what the abbreviation should be for it since I can’t find it in any of the feeds.

If it’s not in here you are probably out of luck. I don’t know how to filter individual D2/3 leagues.

https://site.api.espn.com/apis/site/v2/sports/football/college-football/scoreboard?group=35

ing D2/D3 leagues that you might be able to use to get figure out what you are looking for.

https://sports.core.api.espn.com/v2/sports/football/leagues/college-football/seasons/2024/types/1/groups/57/children?lang=en&region=us

https://sports.core.api.espn.com/v2/sports/football/leagues/college-football/seasons/2024/types/1/groups/58/children?lang=en&region=us

Good afternoon everyone, Today I discovered this very good integration. However, I have a question that I haven’t found an answer to yet. Is it possible to choose the team without selecting the league? This is because let’s imagine Benfica (Club in Portugal), could end up being in the European Champions League, like these preparatory games. But if I choose the league, I can’t see where he is playing in the other leagues…

Thanks

The ESPN API is by league, not by team. You have to set up a separate sensor for each league/tournament, etc. they play in.

The Wiki has examples of how you can hide cards when there are no upcoming games for a sensor.

1 Like

How can I make the team logos clickable, so they take me to the teams web pages? I tried reading the wiki, here, and google but couldn’t find information on it.

I just enabled this functionality. It should work if you are on the latest versions.
If not, update to v0.14.x of the sensor and the card. You may have to clear the cache and refresh to ensure you are using the latest version on your device.

By default, clicking on a team logo will open the ESPN page for the team and clicking on the bottom portion of the card will open the ESPN page for the event.

You can double click on the space between the two logos and it will open the more-info view. It uses URLs returned by the API. If no URLs are returned by the API for a particular area, it will default to the double-click action to get more info.

You can also override the default actions for any section if desired. Here is an example of the entries to override the default actions in the card configuration.

team_url:   https://tv.youtube.com/
opponent_url:  https://www.espn.com
bottom_url:    more-info

Valid values can the the URL to use as the override or the value more-info which forces the more-info functionality on that portion of the card.

Let me know if you have problems.

Thats what caught my eye, the recent update but it wasn’t working for me. Reseting the frontend cache on my phone fixed it and now it works. Cant believe I didn’t think to do that. Thank you for replying!!

Glad it working.

For those that want to set up custom configurations for the Olympics, here are some the work. If you find more that work, feel free to add them to the Wiki.

1 Like

How to track Sri Lanka vs India cricket matches. Please help

There is a Wiki entry with instructions. If you have have problems after following them, post again with more specifics.

v0.14.1 enables call_api Service

The functionality and input parameters of the call_api service are subject to change as new uses emerge. If you have ideas or suggestions for specific use cases, open an Issue in github so they can be tracked.

• Added programmatic control of the sensor with the service call_api (beta)
  • This enables the dynamic retrieval of information for different teams without the need to create multiple sensors. It will simply reuse the same sensor. This is expected to be of value to meet the needs of dynamic voice requests.
  • Accepts four input parameters: sport_path, league_path, team_id, and conference_id (optional)
  • Service will dynamically change the sensor to the input parameters and refresh the sensor
  • Sensor will revert to original configuration on reboot

NOTE: This does not allow a single teamtracker sensor to support multiple teams at the same time. It simply allows the single supported team to be changed programmatically.

Thanks to @dinki for the suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you for adding the service call. This makes things a lot easier to add to my project View Assist. I still have work to do but will share this quick MLB demo for the TT users who may be interested in adding voice as well as visual feedback (optional):

The video above is the display of an Android tablet tablet with View Assist (VA) installed. VA ties into a fullscreen Home Assistant dashboard with different views. Custom sentence blueprints are used to create automations that do function like this.

1 Like

Sorry. I’m new to this

I have added this to configuration.yaml

- platform: teamtracker
    league_id: XXX
    sport_path: cricket
    league_path: 1442984
    team_id: SL
    name: Sri Lanka

How do I get league_id ?

Also after adding this, do I have to add the team tracker integration on settings > device & services > add integration?

If yes, what to fill in the below window please?

You set up the sensor via YAML or the UI, not both. Your YAML looks good. If you set it up w/ the YAML you provided, you are done.

You could also set it up via the UI. If you do that, then you need to select “Custom: Specify sport and league path” from the League drop down instead of specifying XXX in the YAML.

Whichever method you used, you can go to the States tab in Developer Tools to confirm the sensor was created and view the values of its attributes.

If you want to display it on your dashboard, you need to install the corresponding teamtracker_card.

Thank you for the answer. Although I tried both YAML & UI (separately) both gives Not FOUND as the result

api_message: Cached data: API error, no data returned

I don’t know what you are doing. I copied the YAML directly from your post and it is working for me. The sensor in your screenshot is not from your YAML. It has a different sensor name and the team is IND, not SL as it is in your YAML. My guess is you used the UI and typed in the wrong value for league_path.

If your YAML really isn’t working, we will need the logs to troubleshoot.

That was quick. Either a lot happened in a very short period of time or the API is only getting sporadic updates.

In either case, your api_message: No data returned means you likely didn’t set up the sensor correctly or are having intermittent internet outages.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I built various team sensors for european football/soccer leagues that are all under the XXX league_id path, so the regular auto-entities code is not working here, if I only want to see a specific league.

I created labels for each league and now I’m trying to add expand the auto-entities code with my labels name.

Any tips?