Realtime camera streaming without any delay - WebRTC

Yes I mean the Fully Kiosk Browser.

1 Like

HI,

any suggestions on what i’m missing here
2021/04/12 13:07:11 Client Not Send ACK (probably the browser is minimized) or tab not active Close client
2021/04/12 13:07:11 WritePacket WebRTC Client Offline

Yes it works now ! great.
But i can’t see the video with the Home Assistant App (android)

Alexey’s custom component is definitely the solution I think a lot of us were hoping for.

Anecdotal, but although the lovelace card is super reliable with 1-2 cards/cameras… the streams become less likely to load the more I duplicate things out (3, 4, etc. cards). I experienced similar issues using Mal’s card.

Wow! What a nice add-on! Finally my Ender3 Cam is on my dashboard with no delay at all.

Problem because only 10 simultaneous connections allowed (50000-50009 ports). Will be fixed when I add this setting to GUI.

2 Likes

@AlexxIT Great work!
One Quick question: How can the “player” bar be removed?

Thank you
Bogdan

Hi AlexxIT, after upgrade to version 1.0.3. my Android 5 Tablet stops working. I can only see a black card with turning play symbol. Reverting to version 1.0.2 does’t solve the issue. I think you change the container which is loaded from your repository. In my case it`s the version for Raspberry PI 3B+.

Custom component don’t using containers. Check version 1.0.1

Version 1.0.1 works for me, thanks. May I ask you what is the difference with the newer version?

I don’t know. Have same issue with user with Honor mobile phone.

Hi, @AlexxIT like usual one of the best addon yet again. However, I just realize is that not all camera is working. 2 YiCam hack version doesn’t seem to be broadcasting even though it works on your previous add-on version. Furthermore, 1.0.4 seems to be working from time to time on my MacBook. In most cases, I got blank pages. This happens in both Firefox and Chrome. On mobile device 4 camera is working perfectly on both iPhone X and Android OnePlus 7T Pro, except for the two cam mentions

I can confirm that YI dome 1080p and Yi home 1080p with yi-hackMstar and yi-hack5 are working just fine. Only yi-outdoor camera with yi-hack4 is not working with error like this:

Can't start stream: rtsp://rtsp:192.168.1.XXX:554/av_stream/ch0, because: 0, message='Attempt to decode JSON with unexpected mimetype: ', url=URL('http://localhost:8083/stream')

so far not working… so I install back the add-on rather the web version…

@derwolff check v1.0.5. It should fix some Android phones and tablets

I also wrote a big FAQ

2 Likes

Version 1.0.5. works :+1: .

Would it be possible to add some extra options like in Picture Glance Card? I wolud like to add button for PTZ for my camera…

1 Like

Many thanks for this, @AlexxIT. This is really a fantastic component which takes camera responsiveness to the next level!

Do you think it will ever work with Nabu Casa? That would make it really useful, as I mainly need to access cameras when i’m not at home.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

WebRTC will work with Nabu Casa if you have public IP address and setup port forward on your router

If you have private IP address - Nabu Casa may provide their own TURN server (if they want)
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebRTC_API/Protocols

1 Like

v1.0.5 seems to have resolved this for me (in Chrome). I was surprised by that, given I only have 4 cameras and thus (assuming the connections are being successfully closed) I figured I had’t been exceeding the 10 port default. I’m still seeing some inconsistency, particularly when ctrl+r refreshing an existing tab/view. But from new tab creation/navigation, all 4 cameras come up 95%+. Thanks!