Realtime camera streaming without any delay - WebRTC

Thanks for the update !
Look very very promising !!! :slight_smile:

How safe is it to open UDP ports 50000-50009 on my router ? I’m a little bit scared by this point.

New update v1.1.0 can handle external access with some private IP-address and also work without port forwarding on your router! But not in all cases. It can’t work with symmetric NAT.

So it may work with Nabu Casa in some cases.

Check new info in FAQ about external access.

3 Likes

Hi. Great initiative. Great work.

Works well with one camera. When you add more you have to reload and reload the page to get the cameras to load. It is like all the windows want to use a common resource and hangout with the spinning circle. Problem already starts at 2. I have 6 added. That is very difficult to get to load.

Ah, so it’s not only me. I did like the almost no lag with only one camera

Strange thing is that it is almost always all or nothing. Either all stream perfectly. Or all will not start. That is why I think maybe there is a problem with a common software resource. Some variable or object they all share but should have each their own

I have the same load problem with 5 cameras.

Thank you for this custom components. Its much much better than using Generic RTSP Camera Components to view the camera streams. Near zero lag. Superb experience.

Any way to remove the fullscreen controls of the video player?

I got the problem that the stream isnt loading every time. I use only one camera.
So not the problem described above with more than one camera.
Anything I can do to search for the reason?

When the stream does not load I can clear cache and reload, then it will work again for a few times.

I can confirm that it works with remote nabu casa access. One thing I miss is ability to add buttons to card or to add touch etc. events

Great work Alex! Is there any way to change the video feed to 16:9 ?

Did you do anything special to get it working with nabucasa? i keep getting a black screen

Install v1.10.
After I updated it started working with nabucasa.

Is the stream already 16:9?

No. Nothing special. Sometimes it takes a few times to open and close and open again app to make it work.

thanks, cant seem to get mine to work for some reason.

Yep the stream is already in 16:9. It works in 16:9 when I use the normal stream component but not using the RTSP2WebRTC

External access won’t work in all cases. Answer in FAQ section on GitHub. It depends on your network infrastructure.

I’ve tested @AlexxIT locally with this cheap besder camera
Besder 720P camera
Everything works ok
this is the rtsp url I’ve used (the same I use in zoneminder)
rtsp://192.168.1.xxx/user=xxxx_password=xxxxx_channel=3_stream=0.sdp

is there a way to support 2 way audio?
best regards
eugenio

WebRTC support 2way audio, but RTSP don’t. Cameras like this uses another protocol for 2way audio.

It brings up an interesting use case which is video doorbells. There are some that support SIP. If we got a SIP to WebRTC gateway going, could we do 2 way audio to our video doorbells on our Lovelace dashboards?

1 Like