Reboot loop after Core Update

Hi all, I was happily running HA until I was prompted to upgrade the core to core_2023.6.1.

I was previously on core_2023.4.4 and everything was running fine, but since updating HA seems to load (albeit a little slowly) for just long enough for me to see my dashboard and all entities. But after 1-2 seconds of getting the little black ‘Home Assistant has started’ popup in the left corner, it flips to ‘Connection lost, Reconnecting’.

I’ve managed to get the Logs to load just in time and this is what I see:

2023-06-12 20:29:43.486 WARNING (SyncWorker_4) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2023-06-12 20:29:51.793 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly
2023-06-12 20:29:51.967 WARNING (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.util] Ended unfinished session (id=889 from 2023-06-12 19:28:12.507769)
2023-06-12 20:29:59.997 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.ssdp] Could not set up UPnP/SSDP server, as a presentation URL could not be determined; Please configure your internal URL in the Home Assistant general configuration
2023-06-12 20:30:41.183 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry  for hacs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 220, in async_setup_entry
    setup_result = await async_initialize_integration(hass=hass, config_entry=config_entry)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 206, in async_initialize_integration
    await async_try_startup()
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 193, in async_try_startup
    startup_result = await async_startup()
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 171, in async_startup
    hass.config_entries.async_setup_platforms(
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'ConfigEntries' object has no attribute 'async_setup_platforms'

I’ve tried disabling the HACS integration and that doesn’t fix it, and I can’t seem to restore back to core_2023.4.4 before the restart loop initiates again. Really hoping I don’t have to start from scratch — any ideas?

From the command line (or SSH) do the following :

ha core stop
ha core update --version 2023.4.4

When it finishes :

ha core start
1 Like

Thank you. I just encountered this after an update from 2013.8.1 to 2023.8.2.
ha core update --version 2023.8.1 did not work for me but, it led me to use more ha core commands thereby being able to restore via ha backups restore [slug] --homeassitant and was able to restore back to 2023.8.1 and I am now back up and running.