Recall ios push notifications?

I know this sounds crazy but, is there a way to recall a push notification that may no longer be relevant?

Really love the push actions BTW, thanks!

I’ve been thinking about implementing notification history or something. Most likely won’t be for a few weeks though.

1 Like

Maybe “recall” was the wrong word for me to use. I was hoping that an automation (or appDaemon) on the HA server could determine that the previously sent notification was no longer valid and cause it to be cleared from the iOS devices notifications view (by UUID or something).

Similar to what happens on one device when you read a new iMessage on another device which is linked to the same account.

Ah.

I believe that I could only implement this on iOS 10 and it would only be able to remove notifications when you open the app. So not that straightforward :frowning:

Hi Robbie, any plans to make a history of the push messages?

No plans currently, it’s a somewhat complex feature requiring a server side and client side update to accomplish for what I see as little gain. Never say never though!

Maybe using iCloud for sync msg? I use pushover for now, because of the history feature, but major missing feature is sending attachments.