Rechargeable Door Sensors

I have a few Aeotec Doror/Window Sensor 6’s and a few knock off Oomi sensors as well. I’m looking at replacing a few more of my door sensors with something that has a rechargeable battery in it. Since Aeotec stopped making their rechargeable sensor, is there anything else out there that is comparable? I can’t seem to really find anything promising. I would rather pull a sensor down every 3-6 months and charge it than keep feeding them batteries.

1 Like

Don’t have experience with this item myself, but this Coolcam door sensor is Zwave like your Aeotec and has a built-in battery you can charge through USB. Great price too for Zwave.

:point_right: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005006202918841.html

I do prefer Zwave since I have a strong network going there. But it doesn’t have to be that. I’m just tired of buying CR2 batteries. The rechargeable ones kind of suck and only last 1/4-1/2 as long. I tried them on a few motion sensors and barely get 30 days in the kitchen where it is triggered constantly.

I have a few Aeotec rechargeable door sensors on my high traffic doors and still only pull them down the charge every 3-4 months. They are usually charged up in an hour or two. Not to mention the shape of them blend pretty well so the wife approval factor is very high!