Recomendations for "smart" in-deck lighting in the UK that is home assistant compatible?

Hey all,

We’ve just had some decking laid and I’ve been asked if I can find some RGBWW/RGBCCT lights to install in it.

I’ve seen plenty of cheap Chinese options on Amazon that are either RF or Bluetooth, but I’d far rather get them integrated with HomeAssistant if possible given that my wall lights are already under control via a Sonoff module.

Zigbee is preferred, WiFi is an option.

I’ve tried looking on Youtube for reviews as well, but apparently this isn’t something people do (which I find hard to believe!), so if you’ve already done this please let me know how it went and whether it’s worth the effort!

Hi,
Do the deck specific fittings contain something like a WS2812 (e.g. 3-wire digital control), or 6-wire analogue meaning you can simply treat them the same way as a “normal” LED light strip?

Most LED strip comes with a crappy control module which might work directly with Bluetooth, but I’d not ever connect such a device to my WLAN without replacing the firmware (security, and local control).

For digital WS2812-like modules, you can’t beat WLED + an ESP module (e.g. Wemos D1 mini, or ESP32 which can even offer Bluetooth proxying or Matter), and for analogue LEDs, a Shelly RGBW2 can control 4x channels (ideally flashed with Tasmota, but stock also works).

Other stuff like DMX and EmberNet are possible, just less common.

If this helps, :heart: this post!