Recommend bulb cameras for hassio

My first post. I am loving hassio.

I have LIFX lights, BlueTooth presence and SMS notifications working.

Can anyone recommend a bulb camera that integrates easily with hassio?

Thanks

I am also interested in this, I’ve seen other discussions suggesting that “any IP camera will work”, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some that work better than others… I really don’t want to hack together something that has to scrape the video feed from the IP camera’s custom web interface… it seems like there must be some system that works better with hassio than others…

In particular, features like the 2-way audio seem like they’d really need proper integration or be using a standard protocol for hassio to be able to utilize them.

Also, I really want to find a bulb camera that functions as a light, but it’s surprisingly difficult to tell if a given camera bulb creates visible light or not :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Basically I want the functionality of this Sengled type of exterior flood light without their closed source subscription cloud based dreck. https://us.sengled.com/products/snap

I use Foscam

I cant find a “bulb” camera made by Foscom. All their product require POE or direct power. I want a hass.io ready wifi camera that you can just screw into a light socket.

1 Like

Sorry my mistake.Never heard of it

I too have been looking for one of these.

I found the following:

https://www.gearbest.com/bulb-camera-_gear/

Now just need some advice as to compatibility…

I know this is quite an old topic. But did you had any luck with any bulb camera? Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Just looking around for supported cameras as it popped up on my aliexpress. Might be a good idea for a few spots i dont want to wire a camera to.

A lot of WiFi ip cameras support RTSP or other similar stream protocols. you can use them to stream into motion eye integration and your HA automations, i want to train AI detection to location the amazon deliveriers. The ones an Ali were rtsp i see some on amazon but they look like they incl subscription packages.

This one isnt waterproof but i bet i could fix that with some silicon coating lmao