Recommended HAOS Specs 2024

Hello, I tried searching online and on the HAOS Github page but couldn’t find official minimum/recommended specs for running HAOS. I have been running it on a 2014 Macbook Air that uses a i5-4260U CPU and has 4GB of RAM. I recovered it from scrap and it seems to be fine but I’m not sure if there’s something I’m missing out on or if it is maybe barely scraping by and worth an upgrade? I have a more recent HP x360 Chromebook that I don’t currently use for anything that has a i5-10210U chip in it and 8GB of RAM. I wouldn’t want to upgrade for no reason if the current laptop is plenty but I don’t have a good gauge on what sort of specs the OS and daily operations requires. I could turn the newer laptop into a different server of sorts if the Mac is suitable enough for HAOS. Thank you!

As long as you don’t use frigate and so, your MacBook is fine. For video processing you want more CPU and GPU power

Yep, what francis said ^^

Unless you’re running multiple cameras, you’re perfectly fine for the foreseeable future.

Just over half of the 361K Home Assistant installations are happily running on a single board computer. You’re 10-year old Mac is (mostly) higher specced than that, so I wouldn’t worry about it.
It’s a pity that apparently you can’t just upgrade the RAM to 8GB, but the 4GB you have is more than plenty for any standard-sized installation.