Recommended Linux OS for Core installation?

I was starting with Home Assistant Core on a Ubuntu 24.04 VM on a Proxmox Server. I’m not using docker at all at home so I tried this Core way.
I’ve only a few PowerPlugs for monitoring, so there is not much the server needs to do. Nevertheless, the sqlite database randomly gets corrupt. HomeAssistant start then with a new empty db.
Is there a recommended OS that would give me a stable service?

Meanwhile I’ve setup a new virtual server based on HA OS KVM image and this seems much more stable. So I would say, it is not because of the Proxmox below.

Could it make sense to try it on a Debian 12? Or what are your experiences with HA Core and Linux? Thank you.

If you already have Proxmox running, why not install a HAOS virtual machine?

1 Like

Use a different db

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I run Core on Proxmox with all the versions of Debian since HA 0.98 (Feb '20) and never had any issues with the DB or anything else that could be contributed to Debian.
Of course the easiest way is to install HAOS and if you haven’t seen it yet: one of our community members has a great collection of installation scripts on Proxmox VE Helper-Scripts

Thank you all for your replies.
A different database could be really an option as I would prefer myqsl/mariadb.
If this can be done with Core I will give it a try.
And Nick4, no I don’t know this collection. Thank you, I will go trough it.

All install methods allow connection to anothe DB

Unless you can get it stable by selecting another installation method, I would try to figure out why your DB get corrupted because that’s not normal at all.

HAOS on bare metal X86.

I’dont know what happened in my case but switching to mysql was a prefered solution anyway. I will let it run with mysql. Thank you all.