Recommended Plugs & Bulbs in the UK for tuya-convert

V-Tac VT-5154 RGB+2700K-6400K

{“NAME”:“V-TAC VT-5154”,“GPIO”:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,181,0,180,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}

Color channel mapping to G,B,R,Wc,Ww: SetOption37 30

Thanks for this great resource!
I use the Gosund UP111s and as of Tasmota 8.5.0 (and 8.5.1) the hardware power button on them no longer works. It was working fine before I updated them (from 8.4.x. I think), so something must have changed.
Anyone got any ideas?
Using the following template from the main template DB:
{“NAME”:“Gosund UP111”,“GPIO”:[0,52,0,17,134,132,0,0,131,157,21,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}

Did you ever resolve your issue Mark

For anyone else that hits this issue: https://github.com/blakadder/templates/issues/686#event-3834748623
Basically run “setoption73 0” after the upgrade to get your physical power button back!

1 Like

Great, glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

I got a set of these during Prime day the other week. I managed to flash them with tuya-convert and straight to esphome with the help of this github thread as a template. It was my first time trying this so I was glad to find the template. This plug was also listed here with a tuya template that I didn’t try.

Power monitoring etc. seems to be working though I haven’t attempted any calibration, I just went with a similar structure to that github template.

2 Likes

did anyone had luck to flash this ones?
Gosund 13A WiFi Socket Plug and

The gosund UP111 can be flashed using Tuya-Convert and are a good compact smart plug.
The Avatar AWP14H can also be flashed using Tuya-Convert but are quit large.
I have several gosund which are also the same as 2nice and a couple of Avatar.
My personal top pick when they are available would be Slitinto or Jules. V NX-SM112, they are slimmer than most and so do not interfere with the wall socket switch when plugged in and can be flashed with Tuya-Convert

Thanks i will try ro flash again tonight

I bought several Avatar AWP14H a year ago, and all were successfully flashed.
A month ago I bought some more, but they no longer can be flashed. Maybe this was my batch only, I don’t know.

I have the same issue…have dozen of AWP14H, ordered fresh 4…I cannot flash it with tuya-convert anymore :(. any fresh recommendation for UK from Amazon that works with tuya-convert?

Gosund still worked for me (a month ago)!

Ordered 4 to try.
I later found on https://templates.blakadder.com/plug.html this for the Avatar:

As of December 2020 these plugs come with Beken BK7231 chipset and are no longer compatible with Tasmota.
As of December 2020 these plugs can come with the new Tuya firmware and therefor cannot be flashed.

Hey everyone, hope you don’t mind the late response.

I’m in the process of setting up a shop to sell pre-flashed, pre-configured, and pre-calibrated Tasmota devices here: Local Bytes Power Monitoring Smart Plug (UK)

If you sign up for an account, I’ll be sending out an email when we get the initial stock sorted!

GoSund Up111 Smart Plugs. Bought a pair last week and flashed Tasmota OTA successfully. This week received 4 more. Labelling on back of plug is slightly different (previous ones had ‘Made in China D.A40’, new ones have 'Made in China 05/2021. Tried to flash Tasmota to a newer plug today using Tuya Convert and it failed leaving the device unusable as far as I can tell so far. Opened both old and new, they look identical but had different dates on the UP111-C package, new one is 21.01.25, old one had an earlier date (sealed up again now). Suspect new ones have later version of Tuya.

Just seen your review on amazon and I have D:A38 D:A49 , D:A41, D:A 41
They have been imported by a Polish company INNPRO Robert bledowski.
Looks like I will be trying to flash these later today :slight_smile: looks like it can be hit and miss which versions you get. I wonder if the importer is different, it’s maybe a problem with Amazon that they send you a GoSund Up111 smart plug and suppliers can be different.

My first 4 were D:Axx and I ordered a second set which arrived this morning “made in china may 2021” As it happens Amazon said this set were undeliverable having been damaged in transit so I thought I would give it a go to flash these, successfully :slight_smile:
The first 3 went through with no issues, the fourth failed to backup its firmware but I was asked if I wanted to flash anyway and that was successful. So now I have ordered another 4.

I do think they need calibration as “a resistive load should have a powerfactor of close to 1” and the power factor is all over with these.
luckily I have a power measuring socket so this should be easy

Hi all,

does anyone know of a smart relay that monitors power? as well as switching 13A?

Would this be suitable for you

Yes Graham it would do the job. I also found a shelly one that will work as well.

Shelly Plus 1PM — Vesternet

Thanks