Recommended Plugs & Bulbs in the UK for tuya-convert

GoSund Up111 Smart Plugs. Bought a pair last week and flashed Tasmota OTA successfully. This week received 4 more. Labelling on back of plug is slightly different (previous ones had ‘Made in China D.A40’, new ones have 'Made in China 05/2021. Tried to flash Tasmota to a newer plug today using Tuya Convert and it failed leaving the device unusable as far as I can tell so far. Opened both old and new, they look identical but had different dates on the UP111-C package, new one is 21.01.25, old one had an earlier date (sealed up again now). Suspect new ones have later version of Tuya.

Just seen your review on amazon and I have D:A38 D:A49 , D:A41, D:A 41
They have been imported by a Polish company INNPRO Robert bledowski.
Looks like I will be trying to flash these later today :slight_smile: looks like it can be hit and miss which versions you get. I wonder if the importer is different, it’s maybe a problem with Amazon that they send you a GoSund Up111 smart plug and suppliers can be different.

My first 4 were D:Axx and I ordered a second set which arrived this morning “made in china may 2021” As it happens Amazon said this set were undeliverable having been damaged in transit so I thought I would give it a go to flash these, successfully :slight_smile:
The first 3 went through with no issues, the fourth failed to backup its firmware but I was asked if I wanted to flash anyway and that was successful. So now I have ordered another 4.

I do think they need calibration as “a resistive load should have a powerfactor of close to 1” and the power factor is all over with these.
luckily I have a power measuring socket so this should be easy

Hi all,

does anyone know of a smart relay that monitors power? as well as switching 13A?

Would this be suitable for you

Yes Graham it would do the job. I also found a shelly one that will work as well.

Shelly Plus 1PM — Vesternet

Thanks