Recorder queue reached the maximum size of

In the past I added a shellscript that was started by crontab at regular intervals. It cannot be done in the GUI. Most HA persons will say that there is only one log, and that log is capped. But that log wasn’t really capped and there were other logs too.

Same issue here. When this error happened the database was under heavy load too. It was fixed after HA restart. I have few sensors and I don’t have automations/ITTT configured in HA.

Same here. In the USA “Daylight Savings” → “Standard” time transition occurred on November 7th. I didn’t notice that all my History Graphs flat-lined until today (November 13).

Thanks for making the “fix” easy to find :wink:

I rebooted “core”. All is well. (new entries are populating now)

Anyone is seeing the same behavior, even after the last update and DST change. For me, every 3 days, the recorder stops and I need to restart Homeassistant.

This is the actual solution for this?

The reboot solved the “Maximum queue size” error for me. I’ve had no problems with my history graphs since the reboot.

However, there are other reasons for queuing .to be suspended. Perhaps this is the issue: History not working

Thank you for your reply. You reference to the MariaDB braking change last July helped me to identify the issue. I am using MariaDB for quite some time, but due to the breaking change, it stopped using it and moved to Recording feature. Just corrected the DB_URL string and replaced ‘@’ with %40’ and will check if the issue persists.

Bad luck for me. Unfortunately, the suggestion regarding the breaking change does not affect my configuration. Using recorder with MariaDB, with 2 days purge and the recorder still stops every 3 days, more a less, even with the last version installed. Will work it our with regular reboots on my HA install.

Same for me to. The “recorder queue reached the maximum size of 30000; Events are no longer being recorded” happens every time mariadb goes in to locked state.
From mariadb logg :

[03:03:26] INFO: Lock tables using mariadb client...
[03:03:26] INFO: MariaDB tables locked.
[03:54:36] INFO: MariaDB tables unlocked.

During this time my recorder stops working and a core reboot is needed to get it running again. Bugs the hell out of me as this makes the energy statstics full of gaps…

1 Like

ohhh… the same here, but every few hours, my system became crazy… (im spanish and i dont speak really good english) Sorry about it.

problema home assistant 01

I tried stop the recorder system, but is not sttoped, continue with the same… every few hours, everything at home is not working…

Any solution? For me, my smart home is very important, and im soooo tired about the situation, the CPU is working a lot, the RAM memory is using a lot, the BD file is growing up a lot in a few minutes…

problema home assistant 02

problema home assistant 03

if you see, in a few minutes the file is growing up a lot. Making all the system dont repond to anything, no light going on, or off… is so depresing situation

is not possible block the recorder???

I dont think is seriously… whole the home block for this recorder??? Come on… my house is not a game, i have so many “systems” blocked by the recorder… we need a solution please!

hi

I have the same problem recently and i have to reboot everyday. Is there a actual solution tion for this? Thanks

I had the same problem recently. Eventually traced my issue to a problem with the Synology NAS that is remotely hosting the MariaDB for my recorder. I had a RAID disk failure and when I replaced it the RAID rebuild/verification process took a few days (apparently not uncommon). During this rebuild time my recorder would stop working after a few hours with the limit reached message.

After completing the rebuild/verification the recorder problem stopped.

Not sure if this helps anyone else.

This has just started becoming an issue for me also :confused:

This issue has been more than 9 month already. Can’t believe there is still no fix to it. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

same here…

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/pg2ies/how_do_i_reset_the_recorder_queue

You can check your db and determine which causes excessive logs:

1 Like

hi all,

I was able to overcome this issue by replacing the external server with PostgreSQL. I did a fresh install for the base OS then installed PostgreSQL12. It seems to be ok now after a week. I tried to drop the database in the old MariaDB server but it did not solve the issue. Hope this will help.

I was receiving following log every day

2022-08-08 03:52:46.878 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.recorder.core] The recorder backlog queue reached the maximum size of 40000 events; usually, the system is CPU bound, I/O bound, or the database is corrupt due to a disk problem; The recorder will stop recording events to avoid running out of memory

In my case it was due to conflict (partial overlap) of automated backup and database purge - backup was not completely finished when database purge started. Since I shifted backup’s start it seems to be sorted out :grinning:

I am also having this error, and there seems to be no actual fix in sight.
I keep rebooting everyday.
I upgraded my storage, but to still happens.