Recording to Network Storage

I was hoping someone can help me figure out how I can record footage from a Tapo camera to a storage server on my network. I am using the Tapo control integration and so far it works well.

I am now trying to set up an automation that when the camera senses motion it will start recording for 60 seconds. I am however struggling the with the file name (which includes the path to where the file is saved). Currently the YAML code looks like this:

HA2

The network storage is already connected to Home Assistant and I know it works because I used motioneye but decided to ditch it because it is quite resource intensive. I am only using a Raspberry Pi 4 4GB.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Unlikely with \\192.168...
Did you use network storage?

If so, I guess it should be /media/<sharename>/...

Yeah the \192.168… was just me trying different things…

Network Storage is attached as below.

HA3

I’ll try your suggestion when I’m home since I don’t have remote access to my storage server set up.

Keep in mind that, depending on the type of storage you defined for the share, the root directory will be different (/share, /media, /backup(?) )

My storage is defined as media.

Although after some more digging it seems my efforts were in vain.

The Tapo Camera Control Integration already makes all the recording that have been stored on the sd card of the camera available in my Home Assistant media. So I can just downloads everything from there and view.

Only downside is the downloads are quite slow. Thankfully the developer has a solution for this too. I can configure the camera to synchronize a predetermined amount of hours to a storage location of my choosing.

So I will now attempt to set up the background synchronization to the network storage I have attached.