Refining the awesome area card

With the new subview option the area card can be used for a really nice looking and easy to setup dashboard.

i hope you can implement all the great ideas from this topic to the area card.
would love to see windows, doors, water leak, media players, climate, locks and vacuums.

also the possibility to choose an icon instead of an image woud be nice.

nice work!

3 Likes

I would love the area card to be more customizable.

• show more entity types (cover, media player etc)
  • change the collie
  • add an icon
  • change the way temp/humid are formatted
2 Likes

+1
So many great Ideas!

I would love to have the option to select the “power” entity as smart plugs use the current power draw as power and accumulative power draw as energy

The ability to exclude/choose what to show on this card would be great!

1 Like

With the latest 2024.4 release and a focus on organisation in areas then I would +1 all of the suggestions on here. Great way to make a simple dashboard and sub-views for each area but most critical is the ability to remove entities (switches in my case) that I really don’t want turned off.

Ability to select which area entities to appear on the card would be great without having to remove entities from areas which would be deceiving the object.

Its a great concept - just a couple of steps short of being really usable.

Found a work-around. Looks like by hiding the entity in entity settings it no longer appears on the area card but is still available when added directly to a dashboard.

1 Like

I love the area card for its power to show a lot of information packed in a simple and nice lay-out. Unfortunately for me it’s not useful, I really miss the ability to customize the card. I tried to recreate the card with custom CSS. It enables you to integrate any information you want in the card. Hope this can be of use to some.

The code can be found here: Customisable Area Card with custom CSS

Normal card:

Small viewport size: