Reinstalled HomeAssistant - ZHA refuses to connect to dongle most of the time?

As the title says, I’ve reinstalled my HomeAssistant instance, mainly due to the fact that I’ve got a new NVMe SSD with more storage.

My install is quite straightforward, I’m using Ubuntu Server 20.04 with the latest updates, but removed cloud-init and snapd, then running the Supervised install.

I’m still using the same Conbee II dongle as the previous HA install had used without issues.

However this new install, simply refuses to connect to the dongle, and I need to reboot it a number of times to pick it up. Supervisor has no information about it, but core logs show that it cannot find the path specified:

2021-01-23 09:58:46 ERROR (MainThread) [zigpy.application] Couldn't start application
2021-01-23 09:58:46 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway] Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 322, in open
    self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2214996-if00'
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 157, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 69, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 65, in startup
    await self._api.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 245, in connect
    self._uart = await zigpy_deconz.uart.connect(self._config, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/uart.py", line 139, in connect
    _, protocol = await serial_asyncio.create_serial_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial_asyncio/__init__.py", line 445, in create_serial_connection
    serial_instance = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 90, in serial_for_url
    instance.open()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 325, in open
    raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2214996-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2214996-if00'
2021-01-23 09:58:46 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry for zha not ready yet. Retrying in 80 seconds

The thing is… The path /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2214996-if00 does exist on my system, and can be accessed via e.g. screen. I’m thinking this is some rights issue within HomeAssistant’s core?

And do you pass this path into the Docker containers running HA and is this (device-) path configured in your ZHA integration as well?

It should be doing that, yes - since it worked on the initial setup. However I had a power cut this morning, and since, my install has issues with ZigBee - even in the rare cases when the dongle is recognised, HA fails to control ZigBee devices. I’ll try to grab a log later on.