Release process?

Hi, I’m a bit confused on the release process and tried searching for the answer…

I have a PR that was merged to dev here Add optional base64 decoding of mqtt.camera image by TheHolyRoger · Pull Request #71223 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I’ve been waiting to upgrade my hass until it’s included since I manually edited my files for the patch.

But I don’t understand when I’m likely to see it? :slight_smile: I can see the rc branch on github is miles behind dev, can someone point me to info on the process of merging dev to rc please?

Basically you have to wait for a review by the core team. This can take some time. There is a backlog.

I see, cheers, guess I’ll update and re-patch then :grin: any simpler way to edit core files on haos than sshing into the core docker container? Like pointing something at my own docker image/GitHub repo?

Your PR has been reviewed and merged into dev. Most likely it will be in the 2022.6.0 release, early June.
Google led me to here: Releases - Home Assistant

1 Like

If anyone else finds this, I made a patches folder in my homeassistant config directory then copied the relevant file over, then saved this as a bash script (must be run as root or in SSH addon without protection mode) - easy to re-run it after each update until the patch is released!

docker cp /config/patches/mqtt_cam_fix.py homeassistant:/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mqtt/camera.py

(requires core restart)