Reliable Smart plug capable of withstanding real 16A load or DIN circuit breaker

Hi

I am looking for a reliable EU plug that can withstand 16A of load since i am intending to use with my kitchen oven. Prefferably Z-wave or Zigbee but Wifi can do.

What’s important is to not have to connect it to some sort cloud services where one needs to get an API key etc. No such junk. Just hook into the Hass Z2M or ZwaveJS-UI easy story.

I see a lot of plugs both on amazon and elsewhere but they all look pretty cheap slim to withstand 16A without being overheated and melting. Note that there will be sufficient heat produced by the oven and the plug will be sitting behind the oven built into the kitchen cupboard.

Alternatively I could have a smart circuit breaker installed on the DIN rail in the electric box.

Please come with suggestions that you have tested and know they work reliably :slight_smile:

Thanks!

And that one is intended to use one phase (only) and is rated 16A? Does it also come with a schuko plug?

This would make much more sense than hiding a smart plug at a inaccessible location.

Using something plugged for a permanent high load application will also unnecessarily increase resistance

Yeah it’s going to use regular schuko plug, one phase.

It will be permanently plugged in but the oven will not be used all the time. Only when cooking something in it. And when it does it will surely go over 13A and right under 16.

DIN circuit breaker with built in meter is surely better. Thought I could skip rooting in the electric box but now thinking after I could install two more breakers for the stove since it is a 2 phase induction. Any suggestions on DIN breakers?