Reload integration

Good day

Can anybody assist me with how to create an automation to reload an integration on a daily basis

The service to call is homeassistant.reload_config_entry

6 Likes

That service requires exact id of the integration not the integration name. You can find the exact integration id in the url of listing devices or entities by integration. (integrations page, click on xx devices (or entities) link under the respective integration and get the config id from url)

https://blablabla.duckdns.org/config/devices/device/your-config-key-id-for-integration-is-here

6 Likes

Thanks alot

Thank you very much

Is there a way to do the same with HACS integrations?

They are all equal :slight_smile: you can reload any core or custom integration AS LONG AS the integration supports reloading.

Sorry for the Noob question, but how do you know if it supports it or not? And how would you find the integration ID for a HACS integration?

Ta

when you go to integrations page, if you see an option to reload the integration, it is supported :slight_smile:

So does that mean no integration that is configured by yaml can be reloaded?

great question, I have only couple of YAML based mqtt sensors but there is a specific action for it in Settings “Reload Manually Configured MQTT Entities”. But I dont have much experience on general

1 Like

can anyone please help on howto reload the nest integration since it does not work with homeassistant.reload_config_entry

It’s explained here but I don’t understant the explanation.

The shell command goes in configuration.yaml.

Other code is an automation. Put it in automations.yaml.

Hi @nickrout, thanks a lot for your comment.

When I realized that this is the Home Assitant Restful API and I had to create a Long-Lived Access Token from the “Long-Lived Access Tokens” section at the bottom of user profile page in home assistant to be able to issue Restful API commands and to use it in curl with the Authorization: Bearer parameter to include in the request using the -H command line option to first issue the /api/config/config_entries/entry request and get its output, to get the Nest entry_id, and only then I’ll be able to issue a Restful API reload request using the Nest entry_id with curl and Restful API token, it all made sense.
:slight_smile:

Now I can make a shell command and automate it just like you said.