Remeha home integration

I will be getting a combination of a Remeha Tzerra Ace/Elga Ace hybrid boiler/heatpump installed in my house soon. I want to use Home Assistant to make a smart zone heating system using Zigbee TRVs and temperature sensors in mulitple rooms.
I found this repository on github, and a few mentions in the forum here.
I was wondering if this gives all the control I need for that setup (I need to be able to tell the boiler when to heat, regardless of the temperature at the thermostat, ideally I would also want to control things like the temperature of the heating water, modulation level depending on the expedted load, etc). If not, would it be a solution to get an OpenTherm gateway from Remeha (that translates their own protocol to OpenTherm), and additionally an open source OpenTherm gateway? The list here: Equipment information looks like OpenTherm doesn’t give full access to all the parameters so am I better off with the system as-is and the custom component linked above? Any advice from Remeha users is welcome.

Thanks for your help!

i just started with this integration and now I can pick up : current_temperature , set_temperature ,
action , water_temperature , water_pressure etc. I created mqtt variables for it and now i log all these variables in a MySQL database. the final goal is to make my own temperature regulation system here in the house because the actual “Remeha Twist” is very unreliable. The heating system is a Calenta Ace.

Hi willy_w2,

It’s been a while since I posted this, but my Remeha home HA integration has been working pretty good over the past months. I still use the etwist as the thermostat but I also have some doubts on the accuracy of it sometimes. But all in all I’m happy with the system as it is. I would be even happier if it wasn’t relying on the Remeha cloud service, but the etwist cannot work otherwise it seems.
As for functionality, it would be nice if I could change the builtin programs and get some more insight into what the system is actually doing from sniffng a few more variables. The clunky user interface on the boiler itself allows a whole bunch of settings like preheating times, but it is very unclear to me what they do in practice.
But all that is nice-to-haves. As I said, I’m pretty happy with the control I have now, I can access the three presets fom the HA dashboard and set temps manually, and I can also use automations that read and write setpoint temperatures. Combined with Zigbee TRV’s on all the radiators in the house, that allows me to heat up the bedroom without heating up the living room whenever I want to, automated or manual. Pretty neat, coming off a system with single-timer controller and manually operated open-close valves.

I have had an etwist with a Tzerra Ace for 3 years and have had Home Assistant since March and installed the integration right away.
The integration worked and works well now but I have a problem with the domestic water temperature that I lost as a sensor on June 22, 2024. Now it gives me “unknown” .
I don’t understand if it is a problem with the temperature sensor gone on the boiler or a problem with the integration upgrade.
Has anyone had the same problem?

Yes, I see it now. For me the “unknown” state started at June 24. I don’t think it’s the sensor, more likely the API. I see an issue is already created on github: No more water temperature? · Issue #61 · msvisser/remeha_home · GitHub

1 Like