Remote access via DuckDNS not working since restore from snapshot

My SD card died and I had to restore my setup from a snapshot. I also took the opportunity to change the hardware and upgraded from a Pi 2B to a Pi4.

After hours of fiddling, pretty much all the snags are unsnagged - but remote access is still not working.

The IP address of the Pi hasn’t changed (I gave the new Pi the old Pi’s IP) and local HTTPS works access, I just get a warning about the address not being the correct one for the certificate.

But remote HTTPS using the DuckDNS address says “the site cannot be reached - took too long to respond”.

The logs of the DuckDNS addon show the certificate is being checked and confirmed regularly.

Any ideas how to resolve/debug?

I’m aware others with this same issue have moved to NGINX but ideally I’d just like to resolve whatever is going on with DuckDNS if possible!

thanks

Try this:

You have to click the vertical three dots icon in the addon configuration to switch to yaml editing to copy / save / paste now.

Thanks, however, sadly didn’t work. Didn’t seem to regenerate the certificates.
Have tried a DNS reset from the HA CLI
Have also tried a restart of my home modem/router (didn’t work)
I’m going to have to go for NGINX I think.
DuckDNS/Let’s Encrypt seems to do this for people - the forum is full (hyperbole) of people with the same unresolved issue.
Thank you

P.S. Even changing the algo to rsa didn’t seem to prompt it to regenerate the certificates!

[15:15:20] INFO: Renew certificate for domains: xxx.duckdns.org and aliases: 
# INFO: Using main config file /data/workdir/config
Processing xxx.duckdns.org
 + Checking domain name(s) of existing cert... unchanged.
 + Checking expire date of existing cert...
 + Valid till Sep  9 14:04:58 2022 GMT (Longer than 30 days). Skipping renew!

Why don’t you delete the certificates and do a complete reinstall of duckdns? I stopped using it a while ago for tailscale but not because of problems just prefer vpn.

Anyway I think the procedure is to uninstall the addon, remove it from yaml(ssl cert and key), delete the cert/key in the ssl folder and restart. Then use http to access the system then set up duck dns again.

1 Like