Last working Home Assistant release (if known):
None. My first install was 0.8x

Operating environment (Hass.io/Docker/Windows/etc.):
Hass.io 2.8

Component/platform:
climate
Remotec ZTS-500US

Description of problem:
Aeotec USB stick detects the device, and the Remotec reports that it is connected to a network. It shows Heating and Cooling setpoints on the overview page. Changing the configuration does not seem to change the temperature on the Remotec. Changing the Remotec temp does not update on the Overview page.

Issuing “Service” commands does not work either.

There are two duplicate instances shown in the “Integrations/Z-Wave” page.

I have tried removing it from the Z-Wave network.

# configuration.yaml entry
climate:
  - platform: zwave

@Merlin, I seem to be having a similar issue with my Remotec ZTS-500US. I’ve been diagnosing it for a few days and I believe there’s a bug in the open-zwave config related to this thermostat. I’m still investigating but will reply here when I get this solved and have a fix to share.

I was able to fix my thermostat using the advice in this comment:

Thanks for your help, I actually returned the ZTS as defective because it would only power up with batteries.

I had the same issue, but I fixed it by removing the thermostat and re-adding it using the “Add Secure Node” button instead of the “Add Node” button.

I’m not sure what finally fixed it for me, but I’ll post the things I tried when it finally started working:

While hass was shutdown:

Good luck!

I did the same and works. I have a remotec zts 500 us. I´ve tested with two versions of home assistant, 0.99.2 and 0.102.3 and everithing is ok

Thanks a lot vondooms!

regards