Removed default_config and now no pages load. What do I need to manually need to readd?

I want to remove the map, etc… from the left side. From what I read, I would need to remove the default_config line. But now that I did the regular pages dont load. What do I manually need to re-add so that it will work.

I just want to have the bottom options for the administrator, and the regular tabs for all other users.

Thank you

If somebody told you that you could safely jump off a bridge, would you not get the details first? A life jacket may be needed, for instance.

You did not check the documentation. Here is the page for the default configuration.

1 Like

Thank you.
So if I would manually add the other lines besides map and logbook. For example:
dhcp:
my:
config:

etc…
Then it should work?

Thank you

Perhaps the easiest would be to add back the line you removed?

I can add it back in. But how would I remove the maps, logbook, etc… From the left side. I am trying to keep it as simple as possible without somone being able to go to a different page.

Thank you

Read the documentation and try to figure out how to do that,

There is no tutorial to customize HA exactly as you wish. The defaults are provided to give an easy start while permitting more advanced users to remove the defaults and customize to suit their preferences.

It does not yet appear you have reached that advanced level.

If you remove default_config you must replace it with all the options is represents, minus the one you don’t want (map).

Ideally there should be a way to use default_config but instruct it to exclude a few unwanted options. However, this capability doesn’t exist. If you think it should, please consider voting for this Feature Request: