Removed Zigbee device returns - Not my device

For some reason a Zigbee device in my network, that is not mine. It seems to be some sort of lightbulp. It must have been added to my network, when I was pairing an other device, although I have not seen it before.

I want to remove this device from ZHA, but for some reason it keeps coming back. How do I completely remove a device, that is not mine and not paired correctly?

For some reason I encounter this same problem:

• When I was adding some Aqara device a Signify/Philips lightbulb LTA005 was automatically added. I don’t own any Signify lamps and I certainly didn’t bring any in pairing mode.
  • I can’t control the light bulb.
  • I tried to delete it from ZHA and rebooted Hassio. At first it seemed to work, but the next day the bulb was back.
  • The bulb was turned on (dutch: “aangezet”) at a certain time. It doesn’t say by what or why. No event was fired, nothing was triggered. According to the log, nothing else happend at the same time when the light bulb was turned on.
  • After deleting it again and rebooting Hassio, it reappeared again. It was turned on at the same time it noted before.
  • After deleting it again, together with the Aqara device (who knows), … it came back again within the hour. Turned on at the same time noted before, same day.

Before I ask all my neighbours this weekend whether they have a Philips lightbulb with a certain IEEE, are there any ideas how to fix this? :slight_smile:

When you remove the device, use the slider to block it. Then start interrogating your neighbors and tell them to keep their stuff off your mesh :rofl:

Thanks, but I guess that’s a zigbee2mqtt option, isn’t it? If it is ZHA, where haven’t I looked?

Ugh, you’re right. I totally didn’t read that very well.

Ummmm, yeah, can’t be done (that I know of) in ZHA. Sorry about that (but Z2M for the win lol)

I guess that’s feature request then. :slight_smile: Apparently the zigbee2mqtt team didn’t come up with that option for nothing.

1 Like

I seem to have fixed it, but I can’t exactly retrace my steps. Sorry about that. All the advice on you own risk.

The issue is probably config/.storage/core.device_registry and config/.storage/core.entities_registry. You can find many post on the internet on that topic. You can change it with ssh, but be careful. Please backup first. Use for example nano to change the files.

For me it didn’t do the trick immediately, because I searched for the device name at first. In the entry file that’s fine, in the device file look for the IEEE, if you have one. Furthermore it might be a good idea to first stop Hassio by entering “ha core stop” first. I haven’t done that, but probably had saved me time and frustration, since the device was coming back all the time.

You might also need to delete zigbee.db, please backup first this one too. If you delete the file, you’ll have to name your devices again, but the pairing is still there. As far as I can see, nothing really gets broken, although you might need tot update some automations to find the right device names.

To be honest, I flashed my Skyconnect and built a new network. Luckily I don’t have that many devices. Since the device was still coming back, the cause was probably a line in the device file I missed and building a new zigbee-network wasn’t the solution. Whoops. :slight_smile: