Removing old Caseta Devices

I have removed a few casta dimmers and pico switches from my Caseta app, They aren’t showing anywhere in the Lutron app and as far as I can tell they are not cached anywhere, but they are still showing in the Lutron Caseta integration.

I have the ability to disable them but I would rather they are just not in the list of devices at all.

I am hesitant to delete the integration and re-add it as I have 64 devices currently set up and it would be a pain to re-name them all.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m having the same issue. Device is removed in the Lutron app but persists in HA.

I ended up removing the Lutron Integration and re-adding it. So I am not sure if there is a better way.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t done anything yet, but it’s nice to know that some other person is out there and that’s the best they could come up with too.

Ran into the same issue. I ended up resolving it by manually editing the core.device_registry and core.entity_registry files.

I found some pretty basic instructions on how to do that but get nervous when editing the YAML with SSH? Is that how you did it?

I used the Studio Code Server addon to open the .storage folder and then edited files directly in there. I didn’t love editing those files but it was pretty straight forward and hasn’t caused any issues.

1 Like

(Double post. Ignore)

great I’ll try that in the morning.

I had the same issue as the OP and used the Studio Coder Server solution that arift suggested, restarted HA, and the “dead” device was gone. Thank you both!