Removing user code from Z-wave (kwikset) lock

I’ve seen talk of this on another post but did not find an answer there. I’m hoping since another year has passed the answer is out there. So… I have z-wave locks in my HA setup. Originally I set the codes I needed on the lock itself and everything has worked fine. Today I successfully added a new user code using z-wave config. The code worked fine but as this was a test I decided to remove it, and that is how I have spent my morning.
I’ve tried the remove code command from dev-tools and from z-wave config and neither work. I am able to overwrite a user code but cannot overwrite it with “\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00” as I have seen mentioned as the fix/workaround.
My workaround is overwriting the code with a (complicated) code. Nobody is going to brute force the usercode on the door in my rural home, they’d just kick the door in. However, the idea of not being able to clear a code is getting to me. Thanks in advance for any help.

I realize I can clear the code using the lock itself, btw

\x00\x00\x00\x00 is all that should be needed to remove code

I have the POPP Universal Keypad and add/removing codes via HA seem a bit hit and miss.

Per Kwikset’s manual you cannot delete codes from their lock(s) only overwrite them. So you have to randomly create a code to overwrite one in a slot.

Unless they’ve updated this via firmware that’s all you get :frowning: