Rendering a "screenshot" of the current state of a Lovelace card

Does anyone know of a way to automate the creation of an image file (JPG, PNG, etc.) that shows the current state of a Lovelace card? What I’m trying to accomplish is getting what would be like a screenshot of a card so that I can use it in automations. For instance, I’d like to send a telegram message showing the events for the day on a calendar in the morning. The same would be cool with the weather forecast for the day from a weather card. Anyone know of a way to do that?

I feel like there has to be a way to do this. I’ve got to be missing something simple…

In order to do something like this, you’d need to be running something like PhantomJS or QT on a server that would be capable of saving an image of an HTML DOM. This is not simple, heavy on resources, and a lot of work to support.

Why not just send the text of the state? It’s much easier to support.

That’s how I’ve got it working now. It’s effective, but just not as clean or well-presented as it is in card form. Bummer that there’s not a simpler way to accomplish it.

Did you ever figure this out? Would be interested as well

I found this thread through google and I also found this interesting githup repo:

Haven’t tried it yet, but looks very promising