Renson healthbox 3.0

Correct, the temperature data really depends on where your device is located (tech room, wall, attic,…) and, since it is extracting air outside, outside temperature could also be influential. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Hi all,

I was wondering if people were still interested in an integration for this?
I’ve been working on a basic hacs integration and would like to see if I should put in the time and effort to make this public.

Mind you, I’m not a developer of any kind, just dabbling, so it will not be perfect.

3 Likes

If it there is an integration I would use it. But if it is too much effort it isnt much of a problem. The Renson stuff is running automatic and i use the app 2 times a year

i would love to use the integration is there already something to test out?

I’m still trying to fix one specific error but I might be able to publish something after that.
Currently I have it reading out all rooms incl boost level, temperature, co2, humidity and aqi sensors (if you have an API key).

I’ve also added services to start and stop the boost function for a specific room.

2 Likes

I would love to use the integration!

I’d love to use it as well, would be even better if we could really communicatie both ways later on. I use the App a lot to boost certain rooms to 200% in certain conditions. Now I receive a notification and have to do it manually, but automated would be so much better.

Hey everybody,

I’ve been rushing to get something ready. I was wondering if some of you wanted to test the integration before I go through the motions of trying to get it published on HACS or HA Core.

If so, please visit and follow the instructions at https://github.com/rmassch/healthbox-hacs

Do keep in mind, I’m not a developer and only have my own device to test.

1 Like

Hey rmassch, you are a star! This works out really great for an alpha release!
Keep on going en get your coffee ready soon! :slight_smile:

Glad to see it’s working.

I’ve also added the actual airflow ventilation rate just now. (At least if my calculations are correct because it’s not a separate sensor in the API)
It’s a good way to test the update process as well

Edit: also added the profile name in 0.0.7

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your work on this, just tried to set it up with my ip and api token, but i got this error:

Error while setting up healthbox platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 293, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/healthbox/sensor.py", line 216, in async_setup_entry
    room_sensors = generate_room_sensors_for_healthbox(coordinator=coordinator)
  File "/config/custom_components/healthbox/sensor.py", line 98, in generate_room_sensors_for_healthbox
    if room.indoor_co2_concentration is not None:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyhealthbox3/models.py", line 76, in indoor_co2_concentration
    co2_concentration = [
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyhealthbox3/models.py", line 77, in <listcomp>
    sensor["parameter"]["concentration"]["value"]
KeyError: 'concentration'

Did I miss anything? If i try it without the API key, i get all the basic info just fine.
But the interesting part here is of course the data from the other sensors…

Hi David,

Could you open an issue on the github repo and do the following:

Open up a browser, change the IP in the following url and go to:

http://YOUR_HEALTHBOX_IP/v2/api/data/current

If you could give me that output on Github, that’d be a great help.

Hi,

I’m getting the following error with version 0.0.8. any ideas how to fix it? Let me know how I can help to debug, more then willing to help. So looking forward to automate my Renson to have the airflow optimized even further.

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: custom_components/healthbox/__init__.py:37
Integration: Renson Healthbox (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 17:20:48 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:20:48

Error setting up entry 192.168.1.18 for healthbox
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 383, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/healthbox/__init__.py", line 37, in async_setup_entry
    await api.async_enable_advanced_api_features()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyhealthbox3/healthbox3.py", line 122, in async_enable_advanced_api_features
    raise Healthbox3ApiClientAuthenticationError
pyhealthbox3.healthbox3.Healthbox3ApiClientAuthenticationError

Hey Niels,

At first glance it seems the API key is invalid.
If you’d be so kind as to open an issue on Github so that I can look into this further.

When opening the Github issue please also post the output when browsing to the following URLs (replacing your IP in the url)
Feel free to blank out any serial numbers or privacy related issues.

http://YOUR_HEALTHBOX_IP/v2/api/api_key/status

and

http://YOUR_HEALTHBOX_IP/v2/api/data/current
1 Like

Great work! Already happy with the automations to boost the laundry room to 200 when humidity is to high. Kitchen when CO2 levels are to high. And the relax mode when the heating is on in the bathroom. Finally quietly taking a bath.

1 Like

Thanks for the great work!

As the community is growing we will look into automating the generation of your API key, e.g. by allowing you to generate a new key based on your user and device info, via a web page (ETA 2024 though), for now keys will need to be renewed via [email protected] each year

3 Likes

@ronandezyn

I noticed the webui of the healthbox can get actual error messages from the following path:
“/v2/device/error”
However this service (fortunatly) returns an empty json array.
Can you provide an example of an error message being returned by this service? That way we can create a notification alerting the user there is an error.

I’m checking with the DEV team and I’ll get back to you

@L3Chat some commands are not (yet) exposed and are available on a password protected service page, used by Renson service technicians. We may open up more functionality on the local API in the future but the focus is to add functionalities on our cloud API first

1 Like