Renson integration

I was very pleased to see that HA core 7.0 featured a new integration to collect the data from Renson ventilation systems. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work with my Renson Waves.

After adding the integration, it asks me to give the ‘host’. I guess I have to fill in the IP-address of the device, which I can find via the wifi config in my Renson mobile app. But filling in this IP results in an error stating it can’t make a connection. And then I’m stuck.

@jimmyd-be if I’m not mistaken, you are the creator of this integration. Any clue what I’ve been doing wrong? Or is the integration simply not compatible with Renson Waves?

Hi Zeebout

Currently the Renson integration works only for the endura delta devices. Renson waves are not supported at the time. I will look into it if I can add support for the device, but it will not be easy because I don’t have that device.

Thanks for your reply. Good to know Waves is not (yet) supported. If you decide to look into it (no pressure) and need someone with a device to test something, send me a PM. Then I’ll see what I can do.

@jimmyd-be - Thanks for all the work on this. I have a new Endura Delta and great to bring it into HA.

One question - I tried the HACS version right before this was merged and noticed the HACS version allows fan control while the core intregration is currently “read only” - is that right or is that an issue with my config? I think you explained in the notes that you were gradually moving features over.

Nothing to do with the intregration but just a comment - I’m questioning the accuracy of some of the data Renson provides - for example the airflow readings seem to be purely a function of whatever the fan speed is set to, for example my unit crashed but still reported the airflow as fixed. I put a a power monitor on the plug and my fans seem to run at different speeds that don’t necessarily correlate to the program setting. There also isn’t a genuine “boost” mode because setting Level 4 doesn’t reach the speeds the units sometimes decides by itself to run at. All seems a bit buggy.

Thanks!

The HACS version is current the version with the most usefull features. I’m migrating all the features of the HACS version to the official one but it will take a lot of time for the PRs to be approved. If you want to control the Endura delta with hass please keep using HACS.

Every Endura device can be configured different by the manifacture or installer. The readings in the integration is from the devie itself so if it configured differently it will read the data differnt then other devices.

Hi, is there any evolution on the Waves support for the Renson integration.
I’m ready to test it for you if needed.

In what application can you configure Waves? Is that also in the Healthbox application then you can try GitHub - rmassch/healthbox-hacs: Home Assistant HACS Integration for Renson Healthbox 3. Other then that I haven’t started to development for supporting other device yet. Feel free to craete PRs on my integration.

With the renson integration, it is only possible to see the level of the airflow. But is there a way to change this?