Reolink camera call siren

I found my new reolink camera has a pretty loud siren. Plus it’s outside. I can click siren on the app, but I can’t seem to call it from HA.

I can turn on floodlight. BUt siren I can only change the setting which I want off.

Hi @aussie1497 , as i understand, you want to change the siren volume?

I want to ring it. Like

reolink.siren.on
wait 10s
reolink.siren.off

as a script I can call.

Which reolink camera do you have? Is this camera behind a nvr?

EDIT : in the reolink integration module, you can only turn off or on the siren.
Perhaps, with an automation you can do that.

On the other way, It exists another mode for the siren than can do what you want : the repeat mode.
This mode is not included in the official reolink integration.
For that, you’ve to work-around that missing feature by using shell_commands and this bash script that activate the siren just for a limited time. Follow the method how to use it.

After that, here the command to activate siren for a limited time :

In the command below, change #NBER_SECONDS# by the time in seconds you want to hear the siren (example : 10 → 10 seconds)

./rl-api AudioAlarmPlay '{"channel":0,"alarm_mode":"times","times":#NBER_SECONDS#}'

RLC-811A

4K Smart PoE Camera with Spotlight & Color Night Vision

Apologies if this isn’t applicable for your camera but for the ReoLink Wifi Doorbell I am able to use Home Assistant’s ‘call service’ feature to toggle the siren. (It also support turn on and turn off)

Siren - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

tap_action:
  action: call-service
  service: siren.toggle
  target:
    entity_id: siren.doorbell_siren

The entity doesn’t seem to show the state for me though. It’s always “unknown” which is a shame as it would be nice to use templating on a dashboard card to show if the siren is on or off.

1 Like

siren entity state showing ‘unknown’

Thanks that works to ring.

Indeed the siren.turn_on service can be used to ring the siren using the siren entity. The duration parameter will allow you to specify for how long the siren schould be ringing (not in seconds but amount of times the tone will be played).

Unfortunately there is no HTTP API to get the status of the siren, therefore its state is always expected to be unknown.

If you appreciate the reolink integration and want to support its development, please consider sponsering the upstream library or purchase Reolink products through this affiliate link.

1 Like