Reolink E1 Zoom and/or Pro in HA

Interesting, I guess previously the mobile app would enable these by default, but not anymore…

Or perhaps older version of the firmware have these enabled by default therefore it was not previously not an issue. I have an Android phone BTW, not sure if iPhone app would be the same. I needed RTSP for my frigate NVR and I could not even get RTSP to work with VLC … works after enabling the settings! Anyways, I have now E1 pro working with ONVIF but I must say, I am disappointed that important entities are not exposed. It would be good if at least the motion detection is exposed so I can start/stop recording if motion is detected. What sensors are exposed in the E1 Zoom? I may have to return the Pro and swap with E1 Zoom. Below are the only entities exposed in E1 PRO. Some are even irrelevant to this model

I setup two E1 Pros today. They are both working for the most part, the only feature that I can’t get to work is going to preset locations. I get the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.components.onvif Source: components/onvif/device.py:476 Integration: ONVIF (documentation, issues) First occurred: 16:10:59 (24 occurrences) Last logged: 16:46:27
Absolute Presets not supported on device ‘Wohnzimmer’

Has anyone encountered this with the E1 Pro specifically? I see most people here got it working.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten that error, no.

How are you calling the presets?

To call presets with my E1 Pros, I use the call-service action, with the onvif.ptz service, and the service data includes the entity ID of the camera, the preset number (in my case, it’s a 3 digit number, but expressed as a single-quote delimited string, so the first preset for the camera would be ‘000’), and the move_mode is “GotoPreset” (no quotes in the YAML config).

If you’re trying to use the names you gave the presets in the camera, that likely won’t work, based on my experience. I had to use the numbers. And be aware that the presets will not be usable by ONVIF until you reload the HA integration, or restart HA. So if you change a preset, you’ll need to do a reload or restart of HA to pick up the changes.

I found a solution to the problem: the presets numbers seem to be “saved” on the HA side, or rather not synced very quickly. After a restart/reload, the ONVIF Integration seems to pull all available preset numbers again. It will only allow you to call numbers that “exist”, so if no presets have been synced, it will say the feature doesn’t exist.

1 Like

I did get it connected using ONVIF
and several switches and sensors are exposed
but not the auto-track on/off switch

I bought the E1 Pro instead of the Zoom because it has Ethernet
the lack of access and connectability on a “PRO” is very disapointing
I like the ZOOM but at its price it should have ethernet

I’d realy like to disable auto-track when home and enable when away
but outside of the app there are no options to switch this
making it a manual process
has anyone found out how to expose this switch (Auto-track) on the E1 PRO?

Hi @charettepa,
the E1-Pro can ONLY do onvif commands. If you search to do tha Auto-tracking command, it’s impossible with this camera because it ain’t got API or CGI to do this.
Regards

EDIT: i don’t know if you can do this through ONVIF.

For those which have an E1-Zoom camera (or Reolink PTZ Camera), you can access and use features that all the reolink integration (HACS or official) cannot offer (privacy mask, detection zone or video clip… and more). Here the link : PTZ Reolink cameras : HOW-TO use features that aren't available in home automation solutions (like privacy masks, detection zones,..)

EDIT : To use these scripts in HA, use shell_command and the jasonk bash script to do this.

My E1 Pro also didn’t show the motion detection as an entity at first. I don’t know what happened but I let it run for a few days and then “Cell motion detection” and “Cell motion detection 2” appeared as an entity in the Sensors section here.

Cell motion detection 2 work perfectly for me.
My theory would be that they only appear on home assistant after they have been triggered a few times.
I noticed them in the logs.

Edit: I added the device as Onvif.

How did you add this e1 pro in home assistant?

I added it as an Onvif device.

1 Like

The E1 Zoom link is broken. Can you set it up again? Thanks a bunch.

I just got the Reolink E1 Outdoor POE from Amazon (and the POE doorbell). They both work fine with the Reolink integration so I take it something has changed!
The E1 has 44 entities and the Doorbell 24. All these were automatically discovered when I added the integration and input the credentials (ip, user/pwd) of the cameras. I did have to enable RTSP, ONVIF and RTMP within the camera settings.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get the PTZ to work? I see the endpoint listed with the debug information http://IP:PORT/onvif/ptz_service but no GUI element to use in HA

@fuomag9 Have you setup the onvif integration?

yes, I have configured it

I found someone using the Picture Glance card to enable pan and tilt. I believe you can do similar for zoom.

I also have a position preset using the Reolink app. If you have more than one preset, name it “001”, “002” etc.

camera_view: live
type: picture-glance
title: Dinning room
entities:
  - entity: camera.reolink_e1_pro_1_profile000_mainstream
    icon: mdi:arrow-down-drop-circle-outline
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: onvif.ptz
      service_data:
        entity_id: camera.reolink_e1_pro_1_profile000_mainstream
        tilt: DOWN
        move_mode: ContinuousMove
        distance: 0.1
        speed: 0.5
        continuous_duration: 0.5
    icon: mdi:arrow-up-drop-circle-outline
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        tilt: UP
    icon: mdi:arrow-left-drop-circle-outline
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        pan: LEFT
    icon: mdi:arrow-right-drop-circle-outline
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        pan: RIGHT
    icon: mdi:button-pointer
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        preset: '000'
        move_mode: GotoPreset
camera_image: camera.home_cam_1_home_cam_1
1 Like

I have my E1 Pro successfully configured using ONVIF, and also on Frigate.

But I’d like to add it to HA using the official Reolink integration to see if I like it better (as ONVIF PTZ actions currently 2-3s delay, and the stream does too).

The doc here says it can be done if it’s connected first to an NVR, like Frigate in my case. But what’s the right config in the Reolink integration?

I’m using admin and the camera password, same I use in Frigate, but if I try using the IP of the camera as a host it doesn’t work. What host/port should I use?

How did you get presets working? When I try, I get an error in the log Absolute Presets not supported on device 'IndoorPTZ'. I have an E1 Pro, did you have to do something special to get your preset to work?

EDIT: Figured it out. Needed to set the presets in the app, then reload the configuration on the ONVIF service and they work!

It only works with a Reolink NVR not Frigate