ReoLink IP Camera's & Pop-up Notifications

Hi,

I use a number of ReoLink IP cameras (RLC-410) in my HA setup via the ReoLink integration. Seems to be working pretty well and has been running for several months now without issue.

I’m getting quite a bit of info through from each camera (each Device is listed as having 9 entities with it) and motion detection working reliably too. I currently have some basic information and images setup in a dashboard for my CCTV system.

My question is, I would like to get a notification pop-up on my phone when the motion detection for the camera at the front of my house gets triggered. I’ve never set up anything like this before, so lacking in the knowledge of how to do it.

I’m using the HA Cloud service in addition to the Android phone app, so I don’t know if this makes the setup any easier.

Thanks in advance for any solutions to this! :+1:t2:

Cheers,

Mike.

Managed to solve this after much reading.

I set up automation using an Entity Change of State. In the Reolink Integration there are a number of entities available and I found one which is binary_sensor.front_house_motion - this has two states ‘detected’ or ‘clear’. I set it as a trigger for an automation, and to start it when the camera changed state from off to on (from clear to detected). Once the state change had occurred it the action it triggered was to send a Message via “Notify”.

The message it sends pops up on my phone within about 5 seconds of motion being triggered, and I have included a timestamp in the message too, in case of multiple activations.

This is the YAML for the Automation:-

alias: Motion Detect Front of House
description: >-
  If CCTV at front of house detects motion then send pop up notification to
  every Home Assistant device
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - binary_sensor.front_house_motion
    to: "on"
condition: []
action: