Reolink POE IP Camera Setup

Hi,

Do you have RLC-420? I dont have a 2MP option on my cameras for the main stream, i don’t think they support 1080p/720p. Lowest i can go is 3mp.

Would you mind posting your settings:

Resolution?
FPS?
Max Bit?
H.264:?

Thanks

You could also try a lower FPS at higher resolution, may help.

I just found a way to reduce the resolution, but for some reason (glitch/bug) it goes back to auto.
Alternative
It really reduces the preview to very low quality, but as soon as leave the app, it goes back to normal.
Similar for recording, I guess it works fine.
Record2

PS: I have the low quality in HA, and it doesn’t start.
HA

Try these settings - getting some more success now

1 Like

Still no luck :frowning:
But some questions.
-This is the record settings, so will it affect the streaming? Or just the recordings?
-There are 2 setting, fluent and clear. Are they related to the “sub” and “main” that we choose in the config.yaml? If yes, then it seems sense.
-The reason why I can’t get good results be related with Internet speed? I really meant to say internet and not intranet by wifi. It seems odd, because on smartphone I can see it perfectly. Anyway the pi is connected via wifi, so it has to receive the stream via wifi. Would I get better results with the pi over ethernet?
Thanks in advance.

Hey,

I can’t really answer these as i want the answers myself!

Although it is the record settings i think it is stream as well - if you lower the clear settings and compare the live stream to a clear stream with high settings you can see a difference.

Yes - I believe low/fluent/sub are all the same things. Same for clear/high/main.

I cant find any conclusive evidence that a pi3b+ is causing the poor performance of the stream - green screen, blocking, artifacts, grey screen etc.

I have 1 420 connected PoE to a switch and connected to my router. My pi is also connected to the same switch through ethernet. My internet speed is 20down and 4.5up - i think this might be the cause of my issues but my LAN speed is surely 100mbps so when i watch the stream from my 192.168.0.xxx browser i have no idea how it doesnt work.

VLC and reolink app are fin performance now that i have dropped the bitrate - which again makes me thing its network related but cant tell for sure.

My Pi average RAM usage is 40% and average CPU is 13%.

Can1 else shed some light on these issues?

EDIT: Oh, i have a delay of about 6-10 seconds when watching through home assistant (internally and remotly). There is 1 second delay when watching throuhg VLC/Reolink app

Yes, further help from other users would be great.
Anyway I will try to connect my pi directly to ethernet and see if it makes any diference.
I will post the results then.

Hi,
someone was able to set up motion alerts in Home Assistant?

Omg, I had no idea there was so much discussion around my post. We are moving in our new house (crazy chaos) , so I’ve not had the time to spend on HA or the HA community recently.

My SD card fried. Idek. So I’m now running the newest version of Hass on RPi, but I haven’t even setup my cameras AGAIN on it .

For me, once HA connects to it, it typically doesn’t lag anymore than it does in the app.

Thanks for the :heart:.

I honestly do not know. I found @hunterjm post, it worked and I was content.

That’s exactly what I have. Works wonderfully.

I found this on Stack Overflow:

They are both protocols for Streaming Media and on a high level achieve the same thing - Specify a standard to stream media. Although RTMP was developed and owned by Adobe before being made public and is typically used in flashPlayer, whereas RTSP was a public standard from the beginning.

Did you ever work this out?

I’m afraid not :(, I checked a lot of pages but I wasn’t able to get any URL to request info from. However, with the app, the motion detection is working, so I assume that it should be possible…

Regards

All good mate. I thought I’d ask. I just got a couple of cameras and just thought about getting the motion in. It is indeed rather hard to find much info. Plenty of info on getting the streams, but that’s about it. :frowning:

Yup… please report back if you find something :wink:

1 Like

I’ve found out that ONVIF has an event topic that you can subscribe to. It’s part of the ONVIF spec and uses SOAP, but that is beyond my skill set. Using ONVIF Device Manager on my cameras it can see the events when I trigger motion, so the data is there. Just need a whiz to work this out.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’ve been working on a full integration, just tested on the RLC-420 and RLC-430 now.
Feel free to check out the first version, already running stable here for ± 1 month.

Please let me know your experiences!

Added functions:

• Motion detection (binary sensor)
  • Infrared light switch
  • Motion detection switch
  • FTP recording switch
15 Likes

what about cameras with nvr?

I’m getting the following errors. One for the component, and one for the binary sensory. I’m running hass.io 0.99.

Platform error camera.reolink - Integration reolink not found.
Invalid config for [binary_sensor]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at Binary sensor - Home Assistant