Reolink RLC-811a video feed timeout - thumbnail works?

I’ve just installed a Reolink RLC-811a and am trying to get a video feed in my HA.

• I can access its features using the Reolink HACS integration (siren, spotlight …)
  • When adding the camera entity in an entities card, the thumbnail is generated
  • When trying to view the actual feed, I get a timeout
  • Tried using WebRTC and ONVIF and same issues
  • the user/pw must be correct otherwise I wouldn’t be able to toggle the siren for example
  • I’m running HA in a docker container
  • I’m running HA behind a nginx reverse proxy
  • Both using local LAN ip (bypassing nginx) and public, I get timeouts
  • Using the Reolink phone app, it works fine

It looks like HA is unable to access the video stream, has anyone run into the same issues before or have an idea why it’s not working?

Update:

• Using VLC with the following URL also seems to work: rtsp://user:[email protected]:554/h265Preview_01_main

So it looks like h265 works but it seems that in HA when using WebRTC h265 is not supported.

Did you ever managed to get this working? I just bought the exact same camera, but can’t get it to work.

Yes, currently running the Reolink IP Camera HACS addon, I haven’t spent time using the official Reolink addon yet.

My settings:

For a full screen 10s interval update camera you can use:

type: grid
square: false
columns: 1
cards:
  - show_state: false
    show_name: true
    camera_view: auto
    type: picture-entity
    entity: camera.your_reolink_cam_id_here

Clicking on the image will give you the live feed, since we are using the sub stream the quality won’t be as good as the static image.

1 Like

The protocol RTMP doenst provide a main feed, so that is explained as much as possible. The RTSP should provide, but I can’t get it to work. The sub stream does seem to work fine, thanks for pointing that out.

Doesn’t provide the quality as I’d like it to, but it does the job. Thanks for your reply.

I btw experimented with the official integration too, but that doesn’t provide siren or spotlight control.