Replacement or hub to control a 2.4GHz RF light dimmer

I just bought a wall mounted LED “neon” sign which comes with a 2.4GHz RF remote for controlling dimming/on/off. Curious if anyone is aware of a replacement module that is Wifi (or ZWave) controlled, or some kind of hub I can teach the RF commands to.

I looked into the Broadlink hubs, but they don’t support 2.4GHz RF as far as I can tell.

I have attached some images of the dimmer module if it helps.

2.4ghz is an ISM radio band - free to use for anyone. It could be WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, a totally proprietary protocol, … Impossible to tell.

So there is no way to teach a hub to talk to it? What about a different dimmer adapter that already has Wifi built in. Have you seen anything like that?

Anything is possible, but it will probably not be easy. And chances is that you will have to do it all by yourself since it’s hard to help remotely on such a task.

Yes. But what kind of connection does it have to the LEDs?
By the looks of the image it’s just VCC and gnd.
Is it only one color LED? If so then all you need is to pwm the vcc to the LEDs.

I found this from a US supplier, and it seems to fit all the specs:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/single-color-dimmer-switches/wi-fi-bluetooth-single-color-led-controller-alexa-google-assistant-smartphone-compatible-3-amps6-amps-12-24-vdc/6776/15227/

If that is really what you want then sure.
I wouldn’t. I’m done with Tuya, only if they are flashable will I buy a Tuya again.
There are options that is locally controlled.

I don’t have any experiences of this personally but this one seems to be a locally controlled version that you can adapt to your needs.
ESPHome RGBW Light Strip Controller | athom
It’s RGBW, but if you only use one channel then I assume you can use it as a monochromatic light.
Or just flash it with:
Monochromatic Light — ESPHome

RFLink with a RTL-SDR stick can handle 2.4Ghz, so a record and replay function would be enough as long as the signals are not encrypted with rolling codes.

@WallyR can you expand? Is there an idiot’s guide out there?

I would like to record/read both 433Hz and 2.4Ghz signals coming from switches/remotes I have, and hook up to HA to run automations. (I have used Sonoff Bridge and Broadlink RM4 Pro, but have run into problems).

RFLink seems to be the basis of a solution, but requires a fair knowledge of hobby electronics, and that’s not for me. I’d happily pay someone to help! Any ideas?

I am sorry, but I just realized that the SDR dongles are only receivers so no option to transmit which you need to emulate a remote. :frowning:

You will probably need two devices anyway, since units will often not be able to handle both 2.4GHz and 433MHz at the same time. Keep your sonoff gateway.

And you will probably have to get technical, since RF signals is not a standardized format.

Thanks Wally.

Hmm, RFLink actually seems to support devices in the 2.4Ghz range.
Scroll to the bottom and see the 2.4Ghz section: RFLink Gateway - HomeAutomation
The FAQ has some info on required hardware.