Replacing Home Alarm System - 3rd party monitoring?

Hi,

My old DSC alarm system recently died and I am trying to figure out if I can use HA on RPi to replace it. For home insurance purposes, the alarm system needs to be monitored by a monitoring service. I can’t find any information on HA alarms notifying alarm monitoring services. Has anyone set this up? How?

A bit more background for the curious:
I am currently still on SmartThings, but I don’t like it. I am testing the old alarm system’s wired door sensors with the konnected-io software on a nodeMCU connected to the SmartThings hub over WiFi. It seems possible to get this monitored by a monitoring company, but it frequently seems to miss especially door closing events.

From what I see on the forums, it looks like it is possible to connect the wired sensors to the RPi GPIO ports with a pull-up or pull-down resistor. So that would allow me to take another potential point of failure out of the loop.

However, the big sticking point is how to get this monitored by a 24/7 monitoring company?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Just out if curiosity, have you checked with your Insurance company to see if self monitoring might be acceptable at some level?

Yes I have, they want a certificate from a monitoring company or otherwise I pay a steep fee increase.