Repository: Few addons

Have you changed “credentials”?

Yes. I used those generated by my Mac

So, passcode is needed means that something is wrong with credentials. Please check that you’re able to use original waker cli using those creds.

With the cli and same credential I’m able to power and standby my ps4

Could you please ssh to the host os and check generated file?

cd /resin-data/addons/data/e5829d31_ps4waker/
cat ps4-creds.json

It should be the same you’ve got from ps4waker cli

Do you have the following in your configuration.yaml?

media_player:
  - platform: ps4
    host: http://**YourHassioIP**:3031
    ps4_ip: **YourPS4's IP**
    name: PlayStation 4
    local_store: games

Also make sure you have the ps4.py file saved in config\custom_components\media_player

I also have a .ps4-wake.credentials.json file saved in the config folder and a ps4-games.json file too

That’s my set up and it works for me from Hass.io

2 Likes

I was under the impression it wasn’t built in. My mistake.

How do you get add-ons to load in general. I tried adding x10 support and floorplan into Hass.io and both fail to load. Is there something special I need to be doing?

When I try to connect with ssh I don’t see the path you tell me. This is my root:

root

The parameters are the same. The strange thing is that I see the active game but I can’t control the start and the standby.

ps

When i click the power button i have this in logs:
Login error: PASSCODE_IS_NEEDED

And in home assistant log:

ERROR (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.ps4] Failed to call info: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘MYRASPBERRYIP’, port=3031): Max retries exceeded with url: /ps4/MYPS4IP/info (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x73e44ed0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused’,))

ERROR (SyncWorker_10) [custom_components.media_player.ps4] Failed to call off: {“status”:“Unable to go standby:11”}

This is not host os, but ssh plugin. You need ssh to host. As an option, use samba share and go to /addons folder.

] Failed to call info: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘MYRASPBERRYIP’, port=3031): Max retries exceeded with url: /ps4/MYPS4IP/info

I assume you’ve substituted real values? Could you try to access http://MYRASPBERRYIP:3031/ps4/MYPS4IP/info manually?

@codypet2002
Depending on addon type. If it’s pre-built, you need just add repository through your HASSIO UI. If it’s dockerfile only, you’ll need to upload it through samba share to your HASSIO instance and built it

How can I connect to the host os? The addons folder is empty.
When I try to access manually to http://MYRASPBERRYIP:3031/ps4/MYPS4IP/info (Yes substitued) the response is a JSON:

{“status”:“Could not detect any matching PS4 device”}

Thank you for your support

1 Like

Hi! This looks awesome!

I can’t get the Playstation app to find the ps4waker. The PS4 shows up fine. The http://MYRASPBERRYIP:3031/ps4/MYPS4IP/info also works.

Therefore I cannot get credentials. The PS4 shows up in HA, but returns a connectionerror when I try to click the buttons.

I have not tried the original ps4waker before and I’m using Hass.io on a rpi3 with ethernet.

The log says:
starting version 3.2.2
Listening on 0.0.0.0:3031

is that correct?

This is great!! The only reason I haven’t moved to HASS.io is because of the PS4 waker! Will try this out over the weekend.
Just to re-iterate, below are the steps to follow:

• Fresh HASS.io install
  • Add vkorn’s repository as a 3rd party add-on
  • Update the config.yaml file with the media player info
  • Copy the credentials from the previous installations cred file and update in Add-on via hass.io url

And theoritcally, that should do it, right? No need to install the ps4-waker with nodejs on the fresh installation of the hass.io?

@andyp85 how did you copy over your files from the previous install?

Yes that is correct.

I had samba installed on my old home assistant installation, so I copied everything across before I went to Hass.io

Once you have Hass.io set up, add the 3rd party add-on
Update the configuration.yaml with media player info
Create a folder in your config folder called custom_components/media_player and copy the ps4.py file and put it in that folder >> https://github.com/vkorn/hassio-addons/blob/master/hass/custom_components/media_player/ps4.py

I then used samba to copy ps4-games.json and .ps4-wake.credentials.json to the config folder
Open the .ps4-wake.credentials.json file and copy the long code after “user-credential” and paste it where it says “your credentials” in the addon UI (image in one of my earlier posts). Also change the port from 3030 to 3031 and hit save.

I’m pretty sure that is everything I did

1 Like

Any body succeed in making new credentials on hassio?

1 Like

I’m struggling to get the AppDaemon addon up and running. I feel like I’m missing a critical bit of the jigsaw somewhere.

The documentation seems to be a circular at the moment; the docs for the plugin refer me to the official docs, the official docs refer me to this thread and this thread just refers me back to the docs for this plugin!

I’ve installed the addon in Hassio but whenever I click start currently it spins for a while then fails to start, with no log output. I’ve dropped in the appdaemon.yaml which is included in the repo to my /config dir (although I have a feeling that’s not the right place?). I’m not sure what else to try at the moment. Do I need to get onto the addon container to drop config in there?

Find out what was up with this?

I got the same things as @febba

2017-08-15 11:05:36 ERROR (SyncWorker_16) [custom_components.media_player.ps4] Failed to call info: 
HTTPConnectionPool(host='hassio.local', port=3031): Max retries exceeded with url: /ps4/192.168.x.x/info 
(Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x73f09650>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve',))

When curling or visiting the api url (http://hassio.local:3031/ps4/192.168.x.x/info) through a browser it works though:

{
"type": "device",
"statusLine": "200 Ok",
"statusCode": "200",
"status": "Ok",
"host-id": "xxxxxxx",
"host-type": "PS4",
"host-name": "xxxxxx",
"host-request-port": "997",
"device-discovery-protocol-version": "00020020",
"system-version": "04730001",
"address": "192.168.x.x",
"port": "997"
}

EDIT: Seems as if Hassio is unable to network with .local addresses where Hassbian could (possible due to being full-fledged Debian instance). Working with localhost:3031 instead of hassio.local:3031 at least made that log go away. Can’t seem to turn on PS4 though…