Repository: Few addons

Ive configured everything, but this is all im getting in the addon logs for ps4waker… it doesnt show anything on my hassio homescreen either…

starting version 3.2.2
Listening on 0.0.0.0:3031

I had the same thing happen with me so I think you’re right.

I originally generated the credentials through my windows pc. This allowed me to see the status of the ps4 in HA (idle, off, etc) but not be able to turn on or off.

Following you’re instructions its all working now!

Hi all, new here and having issues getting ps4waker setup for the first time. I’ve tried to piece together from the various posts here and from the original instructions but it all seems a little vague.

I’ve installed the add-on, Placed the ps4.py in custom_components and media_player folders. I’ve added the following code to my configuration.yaml file:

media_player:
  - platform: ps4
    host: http://HASSIO_IP:3031
    ps4_ip: MY_PS4_IP
    name: PlayStation 4
    local_store: games

and this is my HASSIO PS4 waker config:

{
  "port": 3031,
  "devices": [
    {
      "client_type": "i",
      "auth_type": "C",
      "credentials": "your credentials"
    }
  ]
}

I know I need to create the credentials file but but I’m not sure how? ps4 waker is not showing as a device in the PlayStation app under Second Screen or anywhere else for that matter. Help with the setup would be great.

Thanks.

Have a look at my post earlier in the thread. I’ve just successfully reused it myself.

anyone got it working? Its not working for me… it says listening on 0.0.0.0:3031, but doesnt do anything after that. ps4 waker isnt working? Ideas?

bump, anyone got this working? Its still stuck on there for me…

did you manage to fix it?

Uninstalled Hass.io and went back to HA on raspbian :+1:

I got hadashboard working by changing the host port to 80 instead of the default 3031.

How did you do this?

Go into the add-on page and select the add-on then scroll down the network section then change the host port. You need to make sure nothing else is running on port 80 use do this.

i dont think this will work for the ps4 one right?

im running hassio on raspbian… but im not sure how to get it working.

Doesn’t work for me either.
Running Hass.IO on a Pi3 with HA 0.55.2
When I visit the API URl it presents the correct information.

From the logs under PS4-waker addon in Hass.io I get:
“Listening on 0.0.0.0:3031”
Seems like something is missing, I guess it should listen on my PS4-IP?

One more question, I have manually copied down the file from:

to: \Hassio\Config\custom_components\media_player
The folders custom_components and media_player I created manually from within the Samba Share. Which should be enough? (I’ve also setup the correct config in configuration.yaml with PS4 IP, Host: and so on)

Or is connecting to the ps4-waker docker image the only way to make ps4-waker work on Hass.io? Like @danrspencer seems to have done?

Hey, i have the exact same problem… if you figure it out, please tag me!

If i try to use the JSON-File Image Map from github i got:

2017-11-03 20:38:22 ERROR (SyncWorker_19) [custom_components.media_player.ps4] gamesmap json file could not be loaded, the JSON object must be str, bytes or bytearray, not 'Response'

Heres my Config:

- platform: ps4
  host: http://192.168.0.58:3031
  ps4_ip: 192.168.0.62
  name: PS4
  imagemap_json: https://github.com/hmn/ps4-imagemap/raw/master/games.json

Did you ever find a solution on this?

@outrun maybe you should put the host address and imagemap_json between ’ ’ because the // means comment in yaml…

Thanks for suggestion, but unfortunately it did not fix this. I thougt # is comment in YAML

Sorry, you’re right. // means comment in many languages but not in yaml.

Lots of great info here; thank you guys! I’ve got it working to wake/rest my PS4 and I can change titles as well. However, I can’t get it to wake the PS4 and have it start Spotify. In my configuration.yaml file I have:

media_player:

but if I’m in, for example, Media Player when it goes into rest mode, it wakes back in Media Player. Can anyone help with this?

Also, how can I build automations and switches for this? I’d love to have a PS4 group of switches for my top apps/games and when selected it checks if the PS4 is on. If it is, it simply changes to that app/game. If not, it initiates a PS4 start action (maybe this includes other actions such as lights/speakers) and the PS4 should ultimately be in the selected app/game without further user input. What service/data templates/entity id’s would I need from the PS4 Custom Component for this to work?

Cheers!