Repository: Homebridge add-on

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I’m happy it worked for you.

FYI: I’ve created a topic on this forum specifically for my repository: Repository: Community Hass.io Add-ons

Since I’ve started developing multiple add-ons, I thought it would be more sensible to create my own topic to keep things out of topics like this one.

What types of supported_types do it support? Do it exist any list?

Please check the documentation here:

Thank you very much for the updated Homebridge plugin! It works like a charm! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m happy it worked for you :smiley:
For future updates, please check this topic: Repository: Community Hass.io Add-ons

1 Like

Hello guys!

Just a heads up: new version arrived: https://github.com/home-assistant/homebridge-homeassistant/releases/tag/2.3.0?platform=hootsuite

Thanks!

after upgrading to this version it totaly broke my homekit :frowning:
can’t fix it all day long. I see the bridge but when i adding it i get: couldn’t add (Home couldn’t connect to this accessory)
Tried deleting persist and cached accessories, without luck. tried to reinstall as well - the same.
what it can be?

Please see this topic: Repository: Community Hass.io Add-ons
It will tell you what to do :slight_smile:

Hello friend!

Try this:

SFAB
1d
I’ve just encountered an issue with the homebridge addon. Suddenly none of my devices showed up in Homekit anymore.

While checking the logs of the homebridge addon I found a line regarding the default device visibility. I’ve fixed the issue by adding

“default_visibility”: “visible”

to the platform section in config.json:

“platforms”: [
{
“platform”: “HomeAssistant”,
“name”: “HomeAssistant”,
“host”: “http://172.17.0.1:8123”,
“password”: “”,
“default_visibility”: “visible”,
“supported_types”: [
“binary_sensor”,
“climate”,
“cover”,
“device_tracker”,
“fan”,
“group”,
“input_boolean”,
“light”,
“lock”,
“media_player”,
“scene”,
“sensor”,
“switch”
],
Now the addon works fine again.

No, it doesn’t help. I have the default_visibility already in my config.json, deleted the persist and accessories folder, still getting: Couldn’t add Home Assistant
Home couldn’t connect to this accessory.

Installed the hassio addon, but i don’t see the homebridge in Home app (other devices looks ok)
Tried bounjour browser, also not showing.
using netstat I see the port is listening on ipv4 only (with previous verision when it worked it was listening on ipv6 only)

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ netstat -an | grep 51826
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:51826           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

also i see in hassio plugins homebridge panel that no network port appears at all:

docker container looks like this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                                      COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                    NAMES
da9206497277        d89827df/armhf-addon-homebridge            "/usr/bin/entry.sh..."   15 minutes ago      Up 14 minutes                                addon_d89827df_homebridge

can you suggest what can i check?

Looking at your command line, it seems like you have installed Hass.io manually (generic Linux install version?)

In that case, it is currently a known issue. Please see our GitHub repo’s issue trackers for more information.

yes, that’s correct.

as far i can see you solved it by adding configuration option avahi-interfaces ?
any chance you can share the steps you did?
do you start the homebridge docker manually? if yes, can you please share your command?

Thanks!

No, it is not started manually, it is a Hass.io add-on and you should let Hass.io manage it. So do not manual start.

Secondly, there is nothing solved. It is a known issue, planned to be fixed in the v1.1.0 release.
Please take a look at our issue trackers on GitHub.

ok, after digging a bit, i removed avahi service from my linux host and now the homebridge appears correct in my Home app.
But when i trying to connect, after entering the code, i’m getting:

Couldn’t add Home Assistant
Home couldn’t connect to this accessory.

Tried removing persist and accessories folders and restarting, still not good, also tried on different iphone as well, got the same.

So not seeing Homeassistant as an option anymore when adding accessory from the Home app. removed persist as well. Using homebridge 1.0.3

Using the bounjour browser the entity looks pretty good.

Not sure what the problem is you are trying to explain…

Have you added “default_visibility”: “visible” to your configuration after the upgrade?

Hello @frenck! How are you today my friend?

Since this morning, after update to version 1.0.3 the home assistant accessory (bridge) has become unavailable:

Another thing is that devices updated from the HA webui does not replicate on my Home app.

Any idea why?

Thanks!!!