Repository: Homebridge add-on

I just released an add-on for Homebridge. The installation procedure is explained in the README.

If you’re familiar with both Hass.io third-party add-ons and Homebridge, the only thing you need is my repository URL: https://github.com/olivierguerriat/hassio-addons

All this is new to me and probably fragile. Please report any problems you face here.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

8 Likes

installing now… wo hoo. so close to being able to shut down my mac and have a whole pi based system now… all I need is itunesapi :smiley:

1 Like

Great job olivierg!!

Im getting this error.

[5/26/2017, 10:19:04 AM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeassistant
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] Registering platform 'homebridge-homeassistant.HomeAssistant'
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] ---
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] ---
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] Loading 1 platforms...
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Initializing HomeAssistant platform...
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Fetching HomeAssistant devices.
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] Loading 0 accessories...
[5/26/2017, 10:19:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Failed getting devices: Error: socket hang up. Retrying...
[5/26/2017, 10:19:10 AM] [HomeAssistant] Fetching HomeAssistant devices.

The last two lines are repeated every 5 seconds

It looks like it can’t connect to Home Assistant.

• Do you have a password? Did you set it in Homebridge config file?
  • Does your install has any “special” networking? (custom port, custom docker IP range…)
  • Are you using the resinos image or the generic Linux installer?

Can you provide the json structure for url, ports, password, ssl if needed

I cannot find it anywhere

All those settings aren’t in the add-on config but in the Homebridge config file (/config/homebridge/config.json). See the homebridge-homeassistant plugin documentation for more information (but all fields are already there, filled with default values).

Ok, I thought that it was configurable via the addon

Maybe in the future :wink:

I had it working at some point but removed it because I want to let “power users” add plugins and customise the Homebridge config file and don’t want to mess with it.

Also, this would mostly be useful for the password but setting it in the UI isn’t great security-wise. I could, however, get it from configuration.yml, that would be nice (but it probably isn’t wise to let add-ons get it so easily).

Did you find a solution to your problem?

I will continue in a few hours, Im out to work. :rage:

Done! Ive to tweak a little my homebridge devices/sensors but its working

1 Like

awesome thanks!

I posted an issue on the github but haven’t head anything back.

Has anyone had this problem? https://github.com/olivierguerriat/hassio-addons/issues/1

I’ve not been able to get it to connect…

I just answered on GitHub, sorry for the delay.

ZOMG! THANK YOU!

After tinkering with HASS on my RPi3 for many months and seeing what I could do with it, I never could get Homebridge working.

I decided to start fresh and just installed hass.io last night and installed the homebridge add on just now and within minutes i was able to turn my lights off/on with Siri! You have made this so easy and accessible!

Now the hard part. Fine tune HomeBridge settings to get stuff to work like I want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you install hass.io?? Is that different to Home Assistant?

it’s still Home Assistant, Its just a more modular and easily customised approach.

See here. Introducing Hass.io

In the Home app on my iPhone, Add Accessory is not showing anything at all to add. I noticed that in homebridge/config.json the host IP (starts 172.17 etc) which does not match my Home-assistant IP (192.168 etc).
Log below. Any advice?

starting version 3.2.1
Launching DBUS daemon…
Launching avahi daemon…
Process 24 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)
Launching homebridge…
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node>
*** WARNING *** The program 'node' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partially) in the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
*** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
*** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=node&f=DNSServiceRegister>
[6/17/2017, 6:26:04 AM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-homeassistant
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] Registering platform 'homebridge-homeassistant.HomeAssistant'
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] ---
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] ---
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] Loading 1 platforms...
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Initializing HomeAssistant platform...
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Fetching HomeAssistant devices.
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] Loading 0 accessories...
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Received event: ping
[6/17/2017, 6:26:05 AM] [HomeAssistant] Initializing platform accessory 'TV'...
Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:

Etc

The IP thing is normal, Homebridge communicates with Home Assistant via the local Docker network. Your logs show that the communication between Homebridge and Home Assistant is working correctly.

If you have […] Homebridge is running on port 51826. in your logs (just after the code), chances are that Homebridge is launched correctly as well.

I would then fallback to the Homebridge documentation, which has two handy manipulations to solve your problem (under “My iOS App Can’t Find Homebridge”) (don’t forget to restart the add-on each time you change the config). I hope it’ll do the trick for you.

1 Like

Is it possible to know what version of home bridge is running? I see in the logs 3.2.1 (0.3.2.1?) but just checked https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge/releases and they’re on 0.4.10. If it’s not updated is it possible to do it?

Thanks!

The Homebridge version is 0.4.20. I think the “starting version 3.2.1” comes from hass.io.

1 Like