Repository: NotoriousBDG Add-Ons (Node-RED, HA Bridge, and Gogs)

@shindawg, Is your Home Assistant trying to discover the HA Bridge emulated Hue? I had to disable discovery of Hue to prevent that from happening. If you have a physical Hue hub, you can add it manually after you disable discovery.

@NotoriousBDG , Brilliant!! thank you, I would never have thought to look at that as being the cause. I can confirm that it has removed/stopped the warning message. Cheers

1 Like

@shindawg, that’s awesome news. I’ll update the readme page warning others of that issue.

Hi. Just installed but won’t start. What is the correct formatting for the server IP field please?

{
  "serverip": null,
  "version": "latest"
}

Disregard. Needed the comma so working now.

{
  "serverip": "10.0.2.12",
  "version": "latest"
}
1 Like

Can you recommend where to learn about integrating HA and node-red?
Is there a go-to thread on this forum?
I see there are a number of discussions and approaches here, just wondering if one is considered to be the best way forward.

thanks

Not sure which way is best. I’m still exploring Node-RED to see how it fits into my Home Assistant environment.

I’ve just added Gogs Git server to my repo. So far it seems to be working pretty good on my Pi to store my Home Assistant configs.

Nodered looks great. Please keep us updated in this thread with your findings.
Thanks!

Hi!

I can’t update from Node-Red 0.1.0 to 0.1.1. The update button just turns red and then nothing happens.
The log does not say anything as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Click on update, then go look at your supervisor log. It’s likely the error explaining what’s happening is there. You can find the logs in the Hass.io panel, click the ellipsis in upper right corner, click Advanced Settings, then click View Logs under Supervisor.

I forgot that is the right log to check, here is the output:
17-08-11 15:10:21 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.dock] Update docker 0.1.0 with 27e642c6/amd64-addon-nodered:0.1.1
17-08-11 15:10:21 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.dock.addon] Start build 27e642c6/amd64-addon-nodered:0.1.1 on /data/tmp/27e642c6_nodered
17-08-11 15:10:24 ERROR (MainThread) [aiohttp.server] Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py”, line 422, in start
resp = yield from self._request_handler(request)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aiohttp/web.py”, line 306, in _handle
resp = yield from handler(request)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/util.py”, line 31, in wrap_api
answer = await method(api, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/api/addons.py”, line 217, in update
addon.update(version=version), loop=self.loop)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/util.py”, line 33, in wrap_check
return await method(addon, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/addons/addon.py”, line 492, in update
if not await self.addon_docker.update(version):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/init.py”, line 247, in update
return await self.loop.run_in_executor(None, self._update, tag)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/init.py”, line 260, in _update
if not self._install(tag):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/addon.py”, line 172, in _install
return self._build(tag)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hassio/dock/addon.py”, line 206, in _build
path=str(build_dir), tag=build_tag, pull=True)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/docker/models/images.py”, line 175, in build
raise BuildError(chunk[‘error’])
docker.errors.BuildError: The command ‘/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y jq’ returned a non-zero code: 127

Ah, I see what the issue is. The RPi image is based on Debian, which uses apt-get, and the amd64 image is based on Alpine linux, which uses apk. I’ll see what I can do to fix that.

@lajo, can you refresh your addons then attempt to upgrade again? I don’t have hassio on amd64 to test the fix.

I got this error now:

raise BuildError(chunk[‘error’])
docker.errors.BuildError: The command ‘/bin/sh -c ARCH= && dpkgArch="$(dpkg --print-architecture)" && case “${dpkgArch##*-}” in amd64) apk add --no-cache jq;; armhf) apt-get update && apt-get install -y jq;; *) echo “unsupported architecture”; exit 1 ;; esac’ returned a non-zero code: 127

@Lajo, I made another change. Can you retry again?

Works now! Thanks for the speedy work on this!

1 Like

Does anyone have the ha-bridge add on working under an amd64 install?

I can’t seem to get it to install on my ubuntu server setup.

Edit: Never mind - I found the hassio logs, was looking in the wrong place.

17-09-06 22:48:41 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.addons.addon] Addon 27e642c6_ha-bridge not supported on amd64

I just committed a couple of changes.

Node-RED

• The addon now uses the host network, which will let you use flows to listen on arbitrary ports (@pickeld).

HA Bridge

• Supports specifying the server port if you don’t want to tie up tcp/80
  • Support for amd64 platform (@BarryHampants).
2 Likes

Thank you!