Repository: NotoriousBDG Add-Ons (Node-RED, HA Bridge, and Gogs)

Its actually blank for both hostname and system :confused:

There were some recent updates to hassio related to apparmor that required that I re-install hassio on my Ubuntu machine to get Host System portion to display correctly. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how you’d address that on the rpi version. Perhaps @pvizeli has a suggestion how to fix your issue.

thanks for your help, I might just download a clean image and try restoring from snapshot.

1 Like

Ok, fresh install with latest images

Host system
Hostname hassio
System Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1
Deployment

Getting different error now. After about an hour of it attmpting to install it failed install with this error.

18-05-23 18:46:18 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.11
18-05-23 18:51:53 ERROR (SyncWorker_9) [hassio.docker.addon] Can’t build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.11: The command ‘/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y jq && npm install -g node-red-admin’ returned a non-zero code: 1

Any thoughts?

I just tried a fresh install of the addon a pi3 and I can’t repro that error. Can you retry to see if it happens again?

I’m also getting those same error messages. I just installed Hassio last night, and it has DuckDNS and some other things set up.

18-05-30 18:03:31 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.11
18-05-30 18:05:07 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [hassio.docker.addon] Can’t build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.11: The command ‘/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y jq && npm install -g node-red-admin’ returned a non-zero code: 1

Edit: Rebooted the whole pi, logged out of Hassio, logged back in, and it worked this time.
Edit #2: Just kidding. It doesn’t work and won’t rebuild.

I’m trying to install node-red but when i click on the install button it flashes red but nothing happens.
I’m running the lastest version of Hassio on Ubuntu 18.04.
I don’t get any errors the logs.

Help please.

Not sure why that’s happening. I can’t repro the error on my system, and I think you’re the second or third person with this issue. Can you tell me what supervisor and host system versions you’re running according to http://hassio.local:8123/hassio/system?

Can you check http://hassio.local:8123/hassio/system for errors?

i know what’s the issue now. I’m running HA on a old i386 netbook, that’s the issue.

1 Like

I just released version 0.1.12 of the addon. This new version should install a bit faster than the previous version. I’ve added additional configuration options to install packages and nodes. Manually installing node-red-contrib-home-assistant is no longer be required. It’s easier now to downgrade nodes as well as uninstall nodes that break Node-RED. More details are in the documentation at https://github.com/notoriousbdg/hassio-addons/tree/master/node-red.

Changelog

Added

• Added install_packages config option to allow installation of additional packages via apt-get
  • Added install_nodes config option to help with installation of nodes
  • Set default for install_nodes to node-red-contrib-home-assistant so automatically install node-red-contrib-home-assistant upon startup
  • Added uninstall_nodes to help with removing nodes that are causing startup issues

Changed

• Changed base docker images to node-red-docker:v8 and nodered/node-red-docker:rpi-v8
  • Switch password hash method from node-red-admin to bcryptjs

@Jerry_Barr and @hotelmode, can you please test the 0.1.12 version of the addon and let me know if you still receive the same error?

Hi I installed version 0.1.12 today. However I experience the same issue issue has @Jerry_Barr and @hotelmode.

The install button ‘flashes’ red and I see the following lines in the logs:

_18-06-02 16:43:51 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.12_
_18-06-02 16:43:51 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [hassio.docker.addon] Can't build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.12: Please provide a source image with `from` prior to commit_

Any insights would be appriciated!

Thx

Bart

I have the same problem i had node-red installed , i uninstalled the old version and tried to install the new but now it only flashes red and the nothing no error nothing… what is the problem… i m running hassio 70.1 on rpi3 b+

You need to upgrade docker on your host (Install Docker Engine on Ubuntu | Docker Docs).

If you don’t see an error at http://hassio.local:8123/hassio/system, try waiting a bit longer. The install can take a while since it builds locally.

Up and running, actually was up before this, just updated to this this morning without issue. I will say i had to do a complete reflash twice to finally get a stable running setup. Did not restore from snapshot either, ended up rebuilding my config from my old config files and adding all addons. Running pihole this go around as well all seems well so far. Now to actually figure out what all I am going to use it on, mostly just need to beat the learning curve.

No still nothing I pressed installed yesterday night and it flashed red after few min from then till now it has still not installed ?

Now I am getting this…

18-06-03 04:09:19 INFO (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.addon] Start build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.12
18-06-03 04:10:21 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [hassio.docker.addon] Can’t build 27e642c6/armhf-addon-nodered:0.1.12: The command ‘/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y jq && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* && apt-get clean’ returned a non-zero code: 100

@NotoriousBDG Maybe I should have specified this. I am running Hass.io (70.1) on rpi3, supervisor 105. I ran all the updates and it is telling me that the system is up to date.

I’ll try a clean installation next, as I see that both system & Hostname are empty (just like @Jerry_Barr mentioned)

Rgds

After a full re-install of hass.io it works now :slight_smile:

thx

1 Like

This is not a option for it… its a big pain to reinstall everything… I don’t even have snapshots