Repository: OctoPrint

Iā€™ve added an Octoprint Dev addon, which should at least start. There are still things to adjust, but might be worth to try out (please provide feedback).

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the work youā€™ve put into this so far. Sadly with the current version of home assistant after adding your repo the addons donā€™t even show up.

1 Like

Adding:
ā€œarchā€: [
ā€œaarch64ā€,
ā€œamd64ā€,
ā€œarmhfā€,
ā€œi386ā€
]

to the config in the repository seems to fix that issue. Should I do a pull request?

1 Like

Sorry i donā€™t know anything about the Add-on but i donā€™t know if your aware but Octoprint is now a component in Home Assistant so you donā€™t need an Add-on.
Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™ve stopped using my current printer (not reliable enough), so I havenā€™t tried to run this in a while.

Feel free to make a pull request, I should be able to setup everything to generate a new image.

1 Like

That component is good for integrating with Home Assistant, but that is actually a different thing.
This Add-on instead runs OctoPrint itself, so you can use the same device for both Home Assistant and OctoPrint. And when that is running you can use the component you provided a link to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there currently any way to get this working? I really want this solution, as I think it is a waste if I have to buy another PI, when one would be enoughā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for describing this, Iā€™ve updated the config and it now appears in the Add-on list. Containers have not been modified, I just realized I need to create a container for armv7 for it to even install on my Pi3+.

1 Like

Another update: Images for armv7 are built (failed for version ā€˜octoprintā€™, Iā€™ll have to look at that at some other time). I also added a ā€œslimā€ version which may work (no CURA, no camera support).
Note that I havenā€™t tested it with a printer, I hope they still work properly.

1 Like

Fredrik:

I donā€™t know how to express my gratitude for your work. It saved me from total frustration after spending most of the weekend trying to make a Monoprice Select Mini V2 work under my Windows 10 / Mac El Capitan / macOS Mojave machines and even under Docker containers and Virtual Machines on all those OSs, all versions of Cura, serial to TCP bridges, etc, etc. I even considered that printerā€™s USB was faulty and I havenā€™t able to get a replacement microSD card that works on this thing.

My last resort was to use the only Raspberry Pi I have which is deployed at home.

I can confirm your build ā€œSlimā€ worked on the current Hass.io. The only extra required for a Monoprice Select Mini V2 is the Malyan/Monoprice Connection Fix (0.1.1) plug in.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Like

@fredrikbaberg

Used your ā€œSlimā€ version add-on. Works absolutely fine on my NUC connected to my Ender 3 Pro. Just updated it today to OctoPrint 1.3.12 without any issues.

Thanks for putting this together.

1 Like

I just installed the Slim version (as the normal version was grayed-out) and it enables me to control the printer. Thanks @fredrikbaberg

However, every time I open the UI on port 5000 (or refresh) it gives me the on-boarding process of Octoprint. I tried to update from 1.3.11 to 1.4 (stable) which did not succeed.
Anyone have tips or tricks to prevent the on-boarding from Octoprint?

1 Like

If you complete the onboarding it should not happen again, I had that issue at the beginning (as you can see in this thread) but I thought it was resolved. Does the file /config/octoprint/config.yaml exist? Could you see if it works with the ā€œdevā€ version?

Update to 1.4 (stable) should not be possible from the addon, Iā€™ll have to make a new build. There were some changes between 1.3 and 1.4, Iā€™m not sure if everything will just work, but Iā€™ll see what I can do.

I have not used the different versions properly, the default version does not install (I did not want to break for previous users), but I probably have to move things around a bit if Iā€™m to keep this updated.

1 Like

hi iā€™m new to setting up this plugin. Do i need to have a octoprint set up and function to use this? Or can i install the plug in and just use it. Iā€™ve install but unable to load anything thru :5000 port. Neither do i see any printer detected. Currently installed the Octoprint (slim).

1 Like

The idea of this addon is that you can run OctoPrint directly on the same device as Home Assistant, instead of a separate device. The addon does not contain an integration with Home Assistant (this is done by https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/octoprint/ ).
When the addon has been started, there should be a button to the web UI from the addon page, otherwise you should be able to access it from <home assistant IP/hostname>:5000.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried starting the plugin. However I was unable to access through <home assistant IP/hostname>:5000. Any reason whatā€™s stopping that from working?

1 Like

Could you paste output from the log, or create an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/fredrikbaberg/hassio-addons)? It would be a good start for me to look at whatā€™s wrong.
Would also be good to know what platform youĀ“re using (Raspberry Pi, PC, something else).

1 Like

Just a heads-up: Iā€™ve renamed the normal version Experimental. Since that version has not been used in a while, I hope it does not cause issues.
The Experimental version may or may not work, changes can break it. Iā€™ve spent some time re-writing the build but have not tested it.
Also, by some reason it is much larger than previous version (possibly due to change of base image).

2 Likes

@fredrikbaberg, after a few reboots the onboarding menu is gone.
Sorry for the trouble.
I am on 0.0.4 (slim)
Just to be clear for others: O rebooted HASS or the supervisor (not only home assistant)
This can be found of you press ā€œsupervisorā€ in the menu left and click reboot on the ā€œsystemā€ tab.

And to save time for others: you can add a shortcut on the menu panel to Octoprint by adding this to configuration.yaml, do not forget to change the ip address to your home assistant address

panel_iframe:
  dashboard:
    title: 'OctoPrint'
    url: 'http://192.168.1.115:5000/'
    icon: mdi:printer-3d-nozzle
1 Like

Not familiar with github and how to use it yet. I will try to figure it out and create an issue there. Iā€™m using hassio on raspberry pi 3b+

Can I ask where to obtain the output log? Iā€™m quite new to hassio and have been out of touch with it. Hope you are able to point me to the right place!

1 Like