Request adding standby generator to Energy dashboard

My home has a standby generator. It would be useful to include this as a power source in the Energy dashboard. The generator I have is a Kohler, which is already supported in HA by the “Oncue by Kohler” integration. I believe other generator brands (Generac) also have integrations in place. Is it possible to add generator support to the Energy dashboard?

I second this. I have a similar requirement.

For now, we can just add the generator under Gas Consumption (and remember that gas is actually the generator), to keep it separate, or add it as second source under Grid Consumption, to see combined total consumption.

It should’t be too difficult to add a generator option.

I’d like this too. Has anyone made a feature request?

+1 on this

+1 on this, we’re grid tied but sometimes the generator kicks in (according to inverter setup), we would like to have this info on the Energy dashboard

This would be great to have. Our power reliability is not the best, so I have a portable generator connected to a transfer switch, which I can monitor like any of the other circuits in my home (using CT clamp sensors in my panel).
Adding this under grid consumption sort of works, but isn’t correct. The energy dashboard already supports solar and battery setups, a generator option seems like it would be a shoo-in here.