Reset notification lights

I have a group of RGB lights that are used for 2 purposes: Illumination and notifications

For notifications I set up a script that is added to all notification automations:

alias: Flash Notification Lights
sequence:
  - service: light.turn_on
    data:
      color_name: homeassistant
      flash: long
      transition: 0
    target:
      entity_id: light.notificationlights
  - service: light.turn_off
    data:
      transition: 0
    target:
      entity_id: light.notificationlights
mode: single
icon: mdi:lightbulb-alert

When the notification script is complete I would like to reset the lights to a “default illumination profile” (e.g. neutral white, 75% brightness). I tried putting it as a step of the above script as another light.turn_on but this looks terrible when flashing the notifications lights.

Is there a way to set light properties WITHOUT turning them on?

Bonus points question: Is there a way do flashing patterns (e.g. 2 short red - pause - 1 long blue) without adding more light.turn_on steps?

By the way, the RGB lights are all from different vendors so there is no common pallet profile I can set on all

I also tried setting the “illumination profile” as a scene and calling that after the turn off step of the script. But this doesn’t reset the lights to the state I want.

Ideally I would like to set the lights back to the previous state but I don’t want to have to store them in variables etc, so I’ll just settle for resetting them to colour + brightness + off

Thanks in advance