Have been using home assistant for a few years now and it has been great That being said, I’ve been able to overcome several issues; however the current one has me a bit stumped.
I have had the ios app running on my iPhone XSM (after a icloud data migration from my old iPhone 7) with no issues outside of push notifications not working. As part of a test, I tried to do a few things, the first of which was removing the app from the new iPhone XSM and reinstalling and re-linking it to my home assistant instance.
Most of the process went through fine, including authentication and allowing notifications, location tracking etc. However, at the step where it says ‘Connecting to ____ Home’ (and all the green checks show connected, authenticated, integrated, etc) the app consistently fails with:
- Error - Response status code was unacceptable: 400 *
Post first experiencing this error I have tried:
- Restarted the iPhone XSM
- Changed the iPhone’s name from iphone_username to iphone_xsm_username, then iphonexsm_username (which in theory should change the device ID)
- Checked the Home Assistant base URL config for trailing slashes (no trailing slash in my conf)
- Restarted the docker container with home assistant
- All the items above have not provided any relief (aka still can’t get thru the enrollment process in the app)
- Web UI via safari works just fine both on WAN and LAN
- I’ve noticed that when it tries authenticating thru the app (regardless of me trying enrollment on LAN or WAN) the app tries to auth thru homeassistant.io NOT via my own domain (if I log in to my home assistant instance thru safari the local auth screen shows my URL instead of homeassistant.io)
- Let’sEncrypt cert used, updated and managed automatically via proprietary automation (never had any cert errors or problems related to this).
- Looking in the HA logs via web ui shows an error the very consistently correlates with the failed app enrollment (both timestamp, and times attempted):
## Log Details (ERROR) Sat Jun 20 2020 14:03:37 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) Data does not match schema: extra keys not allowed @ data['device_id']
Also, not sure it matters but I’m running Home Assistant in Docker.
Any help or guidance around this would be immensely helpful as this error is a bit of a ‘production down’ at home, luckily its only my IOS app acting up, but if this starts impacting my wife I start to have real problems lol…