REST sensor for MELCloud stopped working

Can anyone shed any light on a set of REST sensors that has worked well until yesterday. They all now report as “unavailable” and looking at the log file is see:

2023-05-11 09:15:59.376 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up rest platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/", line 304, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/rest/", line 74, in async_setup_platform
KeyError: 'resource'

I’ve also used CURL from the terminal window and got “curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate”.
I can however use a browser & inspect the site which shows the X-MitsContextKey hasn’t changed.
Any suggestions?

Same problem her, it seems to be an issue on Melcloud side. Their own application also stopped working. I assume they are already working on it but I didn’t contact them so you could reach out to their support to be sure.

Same here: the android app doesn’t work, yet their website does. As REST goes to the website I expected it to still work.

Lots of discussion here: MELcloud certificate error after update to 2023.5 · Issue #92905 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Summary - Melcloud messed up its security certificates - they know about it - working to fix

Great example why local control is always better.

1 Like

This morning the website wasn’t correctly working on https neither. It’s indeed back now, but maybe still some config issues for the API.

Working again now.