Restart takes over 1 hour plus

Is this normal for restart to take hours to restart? I just updated Ha. Restarted for good measure and it is hanging for over an hour with this message.

connection lost. reconnecting...

Running HassOS on a rpi3.

Nope. Anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes is normal, with 5 or more minutes being on the long end of “normal”.

Try connecting a monitor the the Pi and see if has any errors being displayed.

ok. Connecting to a monitor will be quite difficult as the pi is in a shoe rack closet. This isn’t the first it has happened. When it does, I just pull the power. Not what I want to do, but it is quick. This happens when I have done quite a few edits and do updates.

Even on my test-HA which runs on a RbPi 1, it does not take an hour. You don’t see anything in the logs ? Pulling the power is not advised.

I will check the log next time this happens. For this instance, it never restarted back up.

It happen again. Checking the log file, I see this error.

2020-10-03 06:47:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio.handler] Timeout on /homeassistant/restart request

The browser is inaccessible. No automations are working. I can still access the config files via samba. This leads me to believe HA was just about to start it’s restart process but hanged.

We’re you able to solve the issue? Im having same issue 3days in a row

I believed it was my slowly dying usb thumb drive that I use to installed the HA. Replaced that with a new sd card and issue went away.