Restore backup after crash

I’ve been running HA for a couple years but yesterday it crashed. I’ve taken backups now and then and most recent backup is from a few days ago.

I have a raspberry pi 3. Now I do not remember if I used 32 or 64 bit OS before. I flashed and installed the 64 bit latest version as recommended in the getting started guide (my backups are also from using the latest HA version). The system boots up after a few minutes. Then I’ve uploaded my latest backup file and tried to restore it. I tried a couple times yesterday but could not get the system to get to boot up to its gui (it’s available on the network). I then decided to try restore everything except the HA (the option at the very top, not sure of the name). I let the backup restore keep going but still about 7 hours later it has restored some, but not the dashboards or automations or configuration.yaml and many more files, Also, the system keeps reporting lots of errors then that it find a backup file, takes some time, and reports errors and keep repeating.

I use a conbee stick and it was found. The conbee stick was found already before I started the restore of the backup.

I’ve read that a restore of a backup might take some 10 minutes but as stated this takes hours longer. I can open the backup file in my local computer with 7 zip and I see that it contains all my files.

Any suggestions on how to get it back running? I just flashed the 32 bit version and am trying to restore the whole backup.

It works! It works! Wonderful HA.

Solution:
Flashed the 32bit version to my sd card
Let the system boot up, a few minutes
Uploaded the backup file, seconds
Restored the whole backup, a few minutes

Done! Thank you all.