Restore to Pi 5 hangs, how to troubleshoot?

Upgraded to latest version of core, supervisor and everything else. Loaded up a new installation on a pi 5 with an NVMe card. The Pi 5 comes up fine and I restore from the full backup from the pi 4. After 12 hours the pi 5 is still saying restore in progress.

Here’s the kicker, the backup file is 100 MB in size. The reason it is this small is because I keep my databases external to the pi. Recorder is on a MySQL machine and the influxdb is on my NAS.

How can I troubleshoot the restore? Is there any way I can check on its progress? Are there any logs I can inspect?

This is the second time I have done this, with the same result. I’ll probably let it run until the weekend, just in case it will resolve itself.

I guess if there’s no resolution I’ll have to install to an SD, do the restore and then migrate from the SD to the NVMe.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Could be the restore is already long done, it does not say when it is done… Open a new browser window and check if HA is running.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that when going to the page I get " This page isn’t working. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

Also, for the first attempt I thought maybe it was done and just needed a reboot and got the same response after the reboot.

I can SSH to it, but I don’t know what the default userid and password is on a new install.

Oh it finally came up. Some sort of status indicator would be nice. But I think I’m OK now.

Thanks!